Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 May 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Who else will celebrate being boring?

Many people think I live a relatively boring life (even prior to lockdown). Years ago I would have been quite defensive if someone said my life appeared boring, but I absolutely couldn't care less what people think, and I'm proud to be boring. I've had my days of going to pubs and clubs and eating out regularly, as well as going to friends houses for dinner and they would come to mine, and going to more parties than I can remember.

I have no interest in sitting in pubs drinking (We do occasionally go to a pub for a meal), but prefer to meet up with people for a costa.

I am happy to chat to friends on the phone and via wotsapp than meet up regularly. I no longer have any interest in going to peoples houses for dinner or them coming to mine for dinner.

We rarely eat out in the UK mainly because we used to quite regularly, and realised we were more often disappointed with the meal, and anxious as to how the meal would be, so now I'm happy with just my nandos take away (and save my anxiety and money).

Many people think we are mad going to Florida again, and years ago I would try and justify it, but now I play along when they say "going to disney again"! Even if I'm not going to disney on a trip I say oh yeah we can't wait to queue up to see Mickey Mouse for a few hours (and they believe me).

I am probably more content/happier with my life than many people who regularly go out to the pub or out for meals, or claim to have so many friends their life is so hectic.

So who else will celebrate being boring?

Edited at 03:33 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Me definitely, I’m more than happy with my ‘boring’ and quiet life. No interest in pubs or ‘going out’
Looking forward to USA again in 2021🤞😄
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Yep we are two boring old farts (as my husband would say). I find “fun” people exhausting.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Totally agree but I like to call it being content, and luckily Dh is the same and we actually enjoy just hanging around together. Although, he likes to keep himself busy in the garden at the mo. I can’t be doing with all that running round and very rarely feel like I’m missing out.

I’ve taught my girls that it’s okay to be bored sometimes as a lot of life is and that they don’t need to be always on the go. 😁

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
Yep we are two boring old farts (as my husband would say). I find “fun” people exhausting.
I think there are many people who show a happy face to the world, but beneath the smile and laughter they aren't always happy with their lifes.

Me and my wife both enjoy walking around the woods more than we do going for a meal or sitting in a pub (so we are also boring old farts).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
To many people I live a relatively boring life (even prior to lockdown). Years ago I would have been quite defensive if someone said my life appeared boring, but I absolutely couldn't care less what people think, and I'm proud to be boring. I've had my days of going to pubs and clubs and eating out regularly, as well as going to friends houses for dinner and they would come to mine, and going to more parties than I can remember.

I have no interest in sitting in pubs drinking (We do occasionally go to a pub for a meal), but prefer to meet up with people for a costa.

I am happy to chat to friends on the phone and via wotsapp than meet up regularly. I no longer have any interest in going to peoples houses for dinner or them coming to mine for dinner.

We rarely eat out in the UK mainly because we used to quite regularly, and realised we were more often disappointed with the meal, and anxious as to how the meal would be, so now I'm happy with just my nandos take away (and save my anxiety and money).

Many people think we are mad going to Florida again, and years ago I would try and justify it, but now I play along when they say "going to disney again"! Even if I'm not going to disney on a trip I say oh yeah we can't wait to queue up to see Mickey Mouse for a few hours (and they believe me).

I am probably more content/happier with my life than many people who regularly go out to the pub or out for meals, or claim to have so many friends their life is so hectic.

Your not boring, your you.

Disney332
Old 24 May 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I’m that boring, many joke that lockdown hasn’t affected me. The only thing I’m actually missing is going away. The fact I can’t go out to see others, means I don’t need to be asked and better still don’t need to make up excuses. My life revolves around my family and holidays. To many who enjoy being out all the time, that seems extremely boring, but I’ve always been like this. Even in my teens I used to joke I’d rather be at home with a cup of cocoa and a cream cake than raving. I did rave, but only in the summer as I hate going out in the winter
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I thought we were the only boring ones! We often tucked up in bed by 8 with a cup of tea! Maybe with some snacks for a change! DD craves routine and loves just being the 3 of us, especially at the moment with lockdown, although we are venturing out later this afternoon if rain holds off! We used to often have friends round, but they must have found us boring so hardly come round anymore!
Old 24 May 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
To many people I live a relatively boring life (even prior to lockdown). Years ago I would have been quite defensive if someone said my life appeared boring, but I absolutely couldn't care less what people think, and I'm proud to be boring. I've had my days of going to pubs and clubs and eating out regularly, as well as going to friends houses for dinner and they would come to mine, and going to more parties than I can remember.

Yep same here never was a pub person I world only gomto play the fruit machine or a game of pool never just to drink i am not a restaurant person as i was in the industry for far to long. We injoy our main holiday each year weather it in Florida vegas France wales or where ever it's our life so we lead it the way we want to
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’m the same don’t like going out to pubs, been there done that. I still like the occasional meal out but as long as I’m not too late. I keep saying to people I’ve been social distancing all my life so not much change for me