Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 25 Aug 11, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
belle&tink
Trainee Dibber

Exclamation CS or POR? Help!

I currently have a booking for POFQ through WDW UK, but we are canceling & booking with WDW US to get the free dining.

I have had a look online & POFQ is no longer available with the free dining :angry: (will check when we ring to book), so I don't know whether to book POR or CS.

We originally booked POFQ because the rooms were refurbished recently, that its a small resort & that it had a boat to DTD.

Which one shall we go for? CS has the refurbed rooms, but I could request a refurbed room at POR.

Which is best?

Help!
belle&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 11, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post

sorry, but i would be interested to know the answer!
Come on people help out belle&tink
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 11, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

Haven't stayed at CS but POR is very nice. You still have the benefit of the boat to DTD and it's beautifully landscaped. Plus you have the advantage over POFQ of a full service restaurant in Boatwrights and the pianoman in the bar in the lobby is brilliant for a night's entertainment. In terms of location, we like where it is on Disney as it's so easy to get to DTD, the other parks and even offsite from there. We've stayed there a couple of times and would definitely go back. The rooms we've had have been really nice.
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 11, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post

~I have stayed at all 3 last year we stayed at POR this year we are going to CS for a change but would not hesitate to stay at POR again, the food court is very good at CS and you get proper plates and knives and forks but you do have to leave the server a 10% tip for getting your drinks, sorry not been much help but they are all nice resorts POFFQ is nice but only has a small food court but tht is the only thing that I did not really like.
Old 25 Aug 11, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
belle&tink
Trainee Dibber

We wanted a refurbed room as when I stayed at the CBR the double beds were tiny. I could upgrade to a king room.

Anyone else? The more I look at CS the more I want to stay there!
belle&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 11, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
buzz2001
Excited about Disney

I'd recommend CSR! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price.

CSR has queen beds and the rooms have been recently renovated and are gorgeous. The rooms also have a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room instead of a privacy curtain like the other mods (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play).

Amenities include a fitness center, spa, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night club.

The resort offers the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great and all located in one area at the main pool.

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.
buzz2001 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 11, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Pluto2008
Imagineer

POR for the boat to dtd x
2010 SSR & BWV. 2011 Atlanta with a road trip to wdw.
Pluto2008 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 11, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
gulliver
Imagineer

POR, have stayed at POFQ for the past 4 years and often walked into POR to use the food court and the onsite shop. Love the boatride to DTD and the buses are very regular, never encountered and long waits, the resort is spotless, the pools lovely, and the beds soooo comfy, on saying that, have never been to CSR, so my views are rather biased! also staying at SSR in next 2 weeks just to try the change and to be able to have our own area to sit out on at night, still linger after POFQ and hoping we,ve not made a mistake!
gulliver is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 11, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post

We have stayed at all 3 and I would say go for CSR if you have free dining as it has the best food court to use your CS credits. We really liked the refurbed rooms at CSR, lovely queen beds and flat screen TVs and the resort has extra facilities and a more upmarket feel than the other mods.
Old 25 Aug 11, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DrMagical
Excited about Disney

Just back from POR, refurbed room. Haven't stayed at CS but I cannot imagine how anywhere could beat POR, I think it would be impossible. Therefore I say go to POR!
DrMagical is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread