Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Nov 17, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

How long at each park?

Hello all -
I'm in Orlando for 11.5 days at start/mid June 2018 (our flight home is at 7pm on the last day hence the half day).
We are going to do -Universal, IoA, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, SeaWorld, Aquatica and Discovery Cove.

So... How long would you spend at each park? What ones would you spend longer than a day in? Are there ones that maybe you'd only spend half a day in and others that you'd want 1 and a half days in that could go together?

I've been lots before but it's been quite a while - however, I don't mind getting up at 6am every day, being first at the parks and keep going til midnight... I'm not in Orlando to chill by the pool!

Ta lots!
b00110908 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Sure you will get a full range of answers to that question. I would say most are typically a day each. Only exceptions I find are HS which is undergoing quite a transformation and so could do half a day, though you might want to go back for Fantasmic and fireworks. MK is a good couple of days to do it properly.
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks! It's 2 adults going (not sure if that makes a difference) but we want to do all parks properly, see everything and probs go on 90% of big rides! Ta lots!
Old 26 Nov 17, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahb74
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We do 3 days between the two universal parks. MK and Epcot really need more than one day also. HS depends on whether you want to see the shows or just do the rides. Haven’t been to AK since Pandora opened either so you may want more than one day there too! I guess it depends what you really enjoy doing 😁
sarahb74 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by sarahb74 View Post
We do 3 days between the two universal parks. MK and Epcot really need more than one day also. HS depends on whether you want to see the shows or just do the rides. Haven’t been to AK since Pandora opened either so you may want more than one day there too! I guess it depends what you really enjoy doing 😁
I was thinking -
1 day DC
0.5 day SeaWorld
3 days Universal/IOS
0.5days Aquatica
1.5days Epcot
1 day animal kingdom
1 day HS
1.5 day MK

This leaves 1.5 days to go back to anything we felt we didn't have enough time at.

We're unfortunately running out of days :-( with the likes of SeaWorld I'm thinking if we're there for opening time - go and do manta ray and journey to Atlantis and then it's mainly time for shows and walk round and the occasional ride after that? Reckon we could be out for 3pm-ish? Whizz back to the hotel and be up at Universal for maybe 5pm to have time for a few rides?
Old 26 Nov 17, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
jovial
Imagineer

jovial's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Why not do one day at each park then for your last 2 days choose your favourites to go back to ! We always leave a day spare for this and last time it was Epcot we went back to !
jovial is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Think that's also a good idea jovial - my thoughts on that (I'm a bit of a money saver!) Is do I really need park hopper then? Could I buy a non-hopper ticket or would you still say hopper tickets are worth getting?
Old 26 Nov 17, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

Mobile

It's also worth noting we have access to Busch gardens - is it worth leaving a day for this too? Or would you concentrate on the Orlando parks?
Old 26 Nov 17, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Northtim
Excited about Disney

Looks like you are really cramming a lot in.

I would be tempted to leave out Seaworld/DC etc and just do Disney/universal in the time you have?
Northtim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

We like the hopper tickets- especially when time is tight as you can always nip to catch a night time show else where if time works out well. Also- I would say that at the moment it's tricky to get a full day and night out of Hollywood studios so you may do a few hours in the morning at one park and then the rest of the day/evening at Hollywood studios. I can never make non hoppers work for us but I know some people have no problem. I think I'm reluctant to limit my flexibility having had sickness mess up plans before, the hopper aspect meant we at least could visit the parks we missed on the sick days. We did a 12 day trip on our first visit and managed all the Disney parks, a water park, mini golf, fruit picking, seaworld, us/Ioa, Busch gardens, ice hockey in Tampa and a couple of days with some of the party missing with sickness. We had a blast- I'll see if I've got the Itinery somewhere to see how we did it. We were a bit slower than you'll be as we had a 2 year old and a 5 year old with us.
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List