Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 3 May 17, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Camsmummy View Post
I thought Heald green was the stop after, so I could book a return to the airport then and just get off a stop earlier.
If travelling from Manchester, then Heald Green is the stop before the airport.

Also, there are no return tickets, other than day returns, which wouldn't work for you anyway.

By the sounds of it, this is your situation.

Hull > Heald Green (Hotel) Buy an advance single from Hull to Heald Green (the Manchester to Heald Green bit is actually a 'connection' and therefore effectively an open ticket)

Heald Green > Airport. Buy a single ticket

Airport > Hull. Either buy an open single or one of the Advance Airport tickets Camsmummy mentioned. You want to make sure that delays to your flight are accommodated.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 17, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

I'm in Hessle
Just moved out of Hessle. Miss the Square!
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 17, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Disneybugs107 View Post
I've just checked transpennine and herald green is beforehand the airport (travelling from the north) but it's not showing as stopping at herald green. So would need a single or taxi to get to and from the hotel.
Oh well bang goes my idea If we do end up going on the train I think we will just get a taxi from the airport, this is giving me a headache I think I need to go to bed!
Camsmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 17, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bal View Post
Just moved out of Hessle. Miss the Square!
Oh really I bet we've passed each other in the street before then!
Camsmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 17, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneybugs107
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

I was thinking the same thing lol I need my bed.
Old 3 May 17, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Didn't even think about engineering work with it being a bank holiday! Think I will wait and see what is available on release and we may end up having to drive but Dh wasn't keen on doing the drive home.
Just checked on tpexpress and there is a train every hour to hull at 6 mins past the hour on the bank holiday.
We are doing the same journey as you but from Scarborough, this is what I have booked.

Scarborough to man pic £20.35 set train
Man pic to Heald green £6.60 any train
Man airport to Scarborough £23.45 set train

The prices are for 2 adults and 1 child with a family railcard. As I was booking advance singles they were available to buy due to transpennine now selling advance tickets 24 weeks in ahead instead if 12.
Old 3 May 17, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

I thought Heald green was the stop after, so I could book a return to the airport then and just get off a stop earlier.
Yes you can do that.
Old 3 May 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Oh well bang goes my idea If we do end up going on the train I think we will just get a taxi from the airport, this is giving me a headache I think I need to go to bed!
If you have to change at Picadilly wait for a train that stops at Heald green before it goes to the airport, they go every 10-15 mins or so. You are allowed to do this if you are on a standard/off peak return.

Edited at 11:08 PM.
elmspenguin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 17, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

I always drive to and from Gatwick. But I know that I'm going to be tired so I build in stops for a quick nap and caffeine top up, there is no avoiding it. The time that we used the train we fell asleep which worried me because we could have lost our cases and wouldn't have helped if we had to change trains.