Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 May 18, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Our daughter loved Chef Mickey’s, utter carnage but so much fun!
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MrsMoney View Post
Chef Mickeys for sure. If you were taking little girls I’d say CRT too but I just don’t feel it’s the same experience for boys unless they’re into Disney princesses.
Agree, I would even say the boys get overlooked. the one at table next to me was delighted when he got a bit of interaction from one, but most just spoke to his sister.

I would recommend Chef Mickey for the big five.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

1900 Park Fayre for both breakfast and dinner, Cape May Breakfast with Minnie and Donald Duck, Garden Grill with the Chipmunks, Tusker House for Mickey but always Crystal Palace for Winnie the Pooh and Friends!
Old 22 May 18, 06:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My son (4) and I did chef Mickey, ohana, tusker house, garden grill and Hollywood Studios one (whose name escapes me currently!).

Our favourites were Ohana and garden grill. We ended up going to garden grill twice (breakfast and lunch). The character interaction there was brilliant, it didn’t feel rushed and felt more private. Plus my son loved the fact we were rotating. He was pointing stuff out to the characters. It was great.

1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

We’ve never had a bad character meal, but the best ones come from the interaction with the characters, so I would pick based on the characters your grandson knows and loves. DS hadn’t seen Lilo and Stitch before our last trip, and Ohana was hilarious, as he loved Mickey and Pluto to the max but was totally not bothered with Lilo. Didn’t freak out, just refused to engage and kept asking why she had a big fake head on if she was a normal girl (as in he thinks she should be a face character like the princesses. He’s never asked Mickey why his head is big. )

We prefer Tusker House to Chef Mickeys for the Mickey and Donald, for both food and acoustics, but will say Tusker is much darker while Chef Mickey’s was quite light and bright. And we had low expectations for Hollywood and Vine with Minnie and friends after reading so many disappointing reviews, but we had a great time there and the characters really took their time at the table.

DS (4) says his favourites are 1900 Park Fare (for Alice, Hatter, Pooh, and Tigger - think he needs to get to know Mary Poppins before we go back!) and Tusker (‘Mickey, Donald, and Goofy are going to travel the WORLD!’ Sorry Daisy, he must think it’s a boys’ trip).
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

Breakfast at Chef Mickeys is a great way to start the holiday! Really good interaction with Mickey, Minnie, Pluto etc
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List