Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 May 18, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post

I have a theory that normally rational and intelligent people stop thinking when in a leisure environment and make decisions they wouldn't usually. I include myself in this too!

I say this as I spent my student days working in a cinema and I called it the "brain off" phenomenon. They're off work, out to have a nice time, thought is at a minimum. You would be amazed at the number of people that couldn't even ask for 2 tickets to a film as their brain clearly wasn't engaged. I am sure we are all guilty of it on occasion.

That said, the person on the ride sounds like someone who might not have too much common sense in general.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

We have been on the JP ride where it's been stopped because people had cameras out, My bugbear is people using flash on Pirates , Haven't been on that ride where it hasn't been spoiled with people taking pictures (or talking non stop lol)
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
FozzyB
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

When we first went to Orlando in 2001 I tried to video shows and so forth (not coasters) as I thought this might be the only time we got to visit (well that didn’t happen!) The next time I went I didn’t video, I just watched, watched the shows, watched my kids reactions and realised I had missed out on so much by looking down a viewfinder (old tech) instead of participating properly. On subsequent visits I tried to record only the really unusual one off things and not the shows. Like the time the green army man had my son doing press ups outside Toy Story Mania - my son was so embarrassed! I also realise looking back, we never watched most of the stuff I recorded anyway?

I still love to take photos but I concentrate on getting shots of my family.

If I want to watch a vlog I’ll stick to Tim Tracker, though we did have fun with drinking around the world for our own viewing!

It is easy to switch off in the theme park bubble, however given her attitude I don’t think she forgot, I think she just didn’t give a damn.

And I share your dislike of flash photos on rides etc, and why is it every concert I go to I can barely see the band on stage for the sea of phones, iPads etc? I think this thing of documenting every aspect of your life, airbrushing your photos and generally living via social media is unhealthy, or am I just old! Ha, probably just that?!
FozzyB is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List