Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Jun 09, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Celebrating Citizenship on Mainstreet U.S.A

inline image
In a stirring celebration of citizenship, more than 1,000 immigrants will gather on Main Street, U.S.A. July 3 to be “sworn in” as American citizens.

And as the country kicks off Independence Day weekend, these brand-new Americans will attend a premiere performance of the newest Walt Disney World attraction, a re-imagined Hall of Presidents, now featuring a lifelike Audio-Animatronics figure of President Barack Obama.

From more than 100 countries and ranging in age from 18 to 82, the immigrants will take the Oath of Allegiance to the United States during a Friday morning ceremony jointly hosted by Disney Parks and Resorts and United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PatrioticMickey09 (133 x 200).jpg
Views:	111082
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	16149  

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 09, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
USCIS’s highest-ranking official will preside over the ceremony on the forecourt of Cinderella Castle. The event will feature a welcoming address by Walt Disney World Resort President Meg Crofton, the presentation of the colors, the national anthem, the Oath of Allegiance and the Pledge of Allegiance.
Actor Andy Garcia – a naturalized citizen himself – will deliver a keynote address during the ceremony. Garcia, originally from Cuba, is an acclaimed actor known for roles in films as diverse as “The Untouchables,” “The Godfather: Part III” and “Oceans Eleven.”
“This year, Disney parks are asking our visitors, ‘What will you celebrate?’ ” Crofton said. “And on a weekend when our entire nation celebrates its independence, we are honored to host – and celebrate – 1,000 individuals who are embracing American citizenship.”

New Citizens to Preview Revised Hall of Presidents
To cap a star-spangled morning, the new citizens and their family members will get to preview the Hall of Presidents attraction – which reopens July 4 in the Liberty Square area of Magic Kingdom. The attraction has been closed since Election Day last November for a makeover that included installation of a lifelike Audio-Animatronics figure based on President Obama.
The figure of the country’s 44th chief executive – which comes to life with recognizable mannerisms and makes comments that were recorded recently at the White House – is part of an eight-month makeover so significant that the iconic attraction has been retitled Hall of Presidents: A Celebration of Liberty’s Leaders. Other updates to the “re-Imagineered” attraction which has been entertaining Magic Kingdom guests since 1971:
A re-programmed Abraham Lincoln delivers arguably the greatest speech in the history of the presidency – the Gettysburg Address.
For the first time in the attraction’s history, George Washington stands and delivers a stirring speech.
Developed with the assistance of Pulitzer Prize-winning historian Doris Kearns Goodwin, the show now tells a moving story of the bond between the presidents and “We, the People,” focusing on the chief executives who have guided America through trying, turbulent times.
“Our goal with every major Disney attraction is to completely immerse our guests in a compelling story,” said Jay Rasulo, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. “The stories associated with the American presidency are some of the most engaging and relevant our guests will hear while they are with us. And, like all great stories, these stories inspire, motivate and teach us to appreciate the challenges and personal triumph that comes with overcoming adversity.”

Presentations of the Hall of Presidents show will take place daily beginning July 4 and are included with Magic Kingdom admission.

Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 09, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post

And oh! how I wish I was one of them. What would I give to be a US citizen and be able to live there. And,no, it isn't a greener grass syndrome. I've wanted to do it for more years than I care to recall.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 09, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
And oh! how I wish I was one of them. What would I give to be a US citizen and be able to live there. And,no, it isn't a greener grass syndrome. I've wanted to do it for more years than I care to recall.
I quite agree!... who knows what the future holds ...

Old 1 Jul 09, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jentill
Imagineer

jentill's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 11
I also would love to be one of them - how wonderful to have such a fantasitic new start.
jentill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 09, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
reaver
Trying for More Ears

Sentiments echoed here too. I've researched for years to find a way to become a US citizen.

Unless i put myself back through uni and become a doctor, chances are slim!

Saying that, enough trips to vegas could yield some positive results if you hang round the wedding chapels long enough
Sept 2015 - 14 nights at Clarion Suites, Maingate
Aug 2023 - 14 nights at Quality Inn, Maingate
reaver is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 09, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
or become A Pro poker player Lol
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 09, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
shamu1
Imagineer

shamu1's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We had a 4th of july party this year(bbq) everyone had a great time but it's not the same as being out there, we like alot of other dibbers would really really love to be an american and stay perminently in orlando or any other part of florida, but we can't either maybe with a new president and time with the state our country is in you never know we live in hope.
Old 21 Jul 09, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
elliemay
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
here here but ive never been able to talk the OH into it or I would have gone like a shot
Old 21 Jul 09, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List