Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 3 May 17, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Camsmummy View Post
It is cheaper to book a return to heald green but that doesn't make sense because it's the stop after the airport so you are travelling further.I wouldn't need a single from the airport to heald green as we would be going straight home after landing and not back to the hotel. I'm not sure if the prices will be the same for my dates but we land on August bank holiday Monday so also not sure if it will be a limited service.
Heald Green is the stop before the airport, so you would not have ticket from the airport.
Old 3 May 17, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by willow View Post
My cousin drives down from Glasgow to Manchester and on the way back they get a day room at one of the hotels at the airport that way he can get his head down for a few hours before the drive back up.Might be worth a look.
I've been thinking about this as well. It's a very sensible idea in my opinion, especially if you have trouble sleeping on planes. As I said earlier in the thread, driving when jet-lagged can be extremely dangerous.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 17, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bal View Post
That's good to know about the three hour rule, that's a new one on me! I travel that route all the time... is there somewhere that is posted?

EDIT - answered my own question - tpexpress/special-...ester-airport/

Yes, I realised you can reserve seats when booking a return. My point was there is no such thing as a restricted "advance" return ticket. You book two single if you want Advanced rate.
Was just about to post the link, it's a handy thing they do. Sorry I see what you meant now regarding the return.
Old 3 May 17, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by elmspenguin View Post
Which train company will you be using?
Transpennine. I will be traveling Hull to Manchester Piccadilly and then change onto Heald Green. But will do Airport to Manchester Piccadilly and then change again back to Hull on way back.
Camsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 17, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

It is cheaper to book a return to heald green but that doesn't make sense because it's the stop after the airport so you are travelling further.I wouldn't need a single from the airport to heald green as we would be going straight home after landing and not back to the hotel. I'm not sure if the prices will be the same for my dates but we land on August bank holiday Monday so also not sure if it will be a limited service.
So you pay for a single to get from the hotel to the airport. That's £2.10 per person.

Then you need to book a train back to wherever home is for your return journey.

Yes, service will be probably be reduced on a bank holiday and this is also when they do a lot of engineering work. Best to check the timetables to make sure there are suitable services before booking.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 17, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by elmspenguin View Post
Heald Green is the stop before the airport, so you would not have ticket from the airport.
I thought Heald green was the stop after, so I could book a return to the airport then and just get off a stop earlier.
Camsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 17, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Transpennine. I will be traveling Hull to Manchester Piccadilly and then change onto Heald Green. But will do Airport to Manchester Piccadilly and then change again back to Hull on way back.
Aha! Fellow Hull lass! I live in Brough.
Old 3 May 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

Didn't even think about engineering work with it being a bank holiday! Think I will wait and see what is available on release and we may end up having to drive but Dh wasn't keen on doing the drive home.
Link to this Post
Disneybugs107
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

I've just checked transpennine and herald green is beforehand the airport (travelling from the north) but it's not showing as stopping at herald green. So would need a single or taxi to get to and from the hotel.
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bal View Post
Aha! Fellow Hull lass! I live in Brough.
I'm in Hessle