Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 4 Jul 17, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

Can an Uber expert please provide an idiot's guide?

Hi,

Looking at making use of Uber in Aug, we are staying first part of the hol in the Universal bubble, then in the Disney bubble and we are not renting a car, really need an idiots guide, i.e. I probably have some stupid questions, could anyone kindly help?

For example:

I have the UK Uber app, have never used it, will it kick into life in the US and work properly, with the PayPal details I have already put in?

I had a UK first time user code that never got used and expired, any tips about getting a US Uber first time code?

Tip the driver in cash or does the app allow for that?

I believe we can now Uber from MCO? Approx cost to expect?

Can you summon a ride from onsite anywhere in Universal and Disney without any snags?

Does uber make days out to Seaworld cost effective? Busch Gardens - too far? What's an Uber to a local supermarket and back likely to cost (as an alternative to doing a Garden Grocer)?

I assume the Mears etc don't like Uber, do you have to be away from the main taxi ranks for your ride?

Anything else a complete Uber noob needs to know?

Many thanks for any advice!

-linnite

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside

Edited at 05:34 PM.
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 17, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Sorry no answers but really keen to hear the experts thoughts

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 17, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post

I can help with a couple of points.

The app will just work in the US, no changes needed.

I always tipped in cash but I believe the app has been updated to allow tips via app.

For trips to Seaworld, Disney, Universal and shopping malls and supermarkets it's very cost effective.

For estimates of prices for trips use uberestimateuberestimate

Edited at 06:38 PM. Reason: Add link
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 17, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

Thank you!

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 17, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Taxi or Uber to Busch Gardens are over 70 miles. Neither is going to be cost effective I would have thought. You're going to have to find someone willing to drive that far at either end.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 06:30 AM  
Link to this Post
LJBoocock
Getting to know the DIBB

I think Busch Gardens offer a free coach from Orlando hotels, we got this service in 2014. I'm guessing they still provide this. Worth having a look on their website. From what I can remember, you have to book your place on the coach in advance, but was fairly simple to do.

Hope this helps a bit!
LJBoocock is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

Thanks!

Old 5 Jul 17, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We are hoping to use uber for the very first time next week. ( actually this week...eek &#128540
In honesty I'm a bit nervous so threads like these are very helpful.
I'll be relying on wifi so fingers crossed we don't get stranded anywhere 😳

Edited at 08:41 AM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
We used uber from Disney to,Publix, cost $8 each way.
Big diffference in Seaworld and Busch gardens, Seaworld would be about $12-15 . You can request a free shuttle online to BG , it has several pick up points , choose what is the nearest, Seaworld is one pick up place for BG and Publix is another.

Once you request an uber one the app you don't move from where you are as they will come to you, you can see the little car on the app approach lol, when booking it , you immediately get the drivers name and what car they will be driving along with registration of car.

Edited at 08:52 AM.
scottishmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneygirlxx
Excited about Disney

Uber is great u will love using them
U are never waiting long to be picked
The cars are nice and cool when u get into them
Any drivers we had were really nice and friendly
The app gives you an estimate of the journey before you order
Just keep in mind the use surge pricing at peak times but still are very reasonable in price
Disneygirlxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List