Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 15 Feb 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
The answer to your question is no, they will not be allowed or able to under the terms and conditions.

Will it work if they try i dont know, they could always try and see if it works.
Old 15 Feb 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mikec88 View Post
It isn't a glitch, I was advised that Disney allow the fastpass booking at 60 days by a cast member when I called the helpline.

As I won't be using the car park pass, I wouldn't want it to go to waste if the rest of my party were paying for parking unnecessarily.
I’m probably the last person to ask as I have never stayed onsite, no nothing about MDE , magic bands , parking etc BUT IF you haven’t got your own car , and IF your friends are going to and coming back from the parks at the same time as you , could you not ‘share’ the car ( link it to your booking ) in as much as meet them 100 yards from the gate/barrier/kiosk, drive the car in on your magic band and leave it in the car park and do the reverse at the end of the day
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

If I was you I would add the driver to your room booking. They won’t need to be there for check in or actually stay in the room. It just means the parking will be free and if you aren’t having a car you technically aren’t cheating the system you are allowed free parking with the room and if they are going to be used to shuttle you around then they should be able to use it
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by elmlea22 View Post
If I was you I would add the driver to your room booking. They won’t need to be there for check in or actually stay in the room. It just means the parking will be free and if you aren’t having a car you technically aren’t cheating the system you are allowed free parking with the room and if they are going to be used to shuttle you around then they should be able to use it
I think that would depend on how the room has been booked. If it's part of a package with flights, then they wouldn't be able to do it. If it's not a flights package, but has free dining, then they still wouldn't be able to do it. Any additional guests would have to be booked on the same package, so it would mean adding flights, tickets for free dining etc. If it's just a standard room booking, then it would be possible.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
I’m probably the last person to ask as I have never stayed onsite, no nothing about MDE , magic bands , parking etc BUT IF you haven’t got your own car , and IF your friends are going to and coming back from the parks at the same time as you , could you not ‘share’ the car ( link it to your booking ) in as much as meet them 100 yards from the gate/barrier/kiosk, drive the car in on your magic band and leave it in the car park and do the reverse at the end of the day
Well, you certaiy wouldn't be able to meet them 100 yards from any of the car park booths...

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I think you are missing the point. This WDW Policy sums it up.

If you are a Guest of a Disney Resort hotel, you receive complimentary standard parking at Disney theme parks for the length of your Resort stay. You must present valid Disney Resort hotel identification to enter the parking lots.
This ^^^
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I suppose the only way around this would be for either yourself or your partner to be present in the car on entering the parking lot.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Is this not asking how to cheat the system? Thought these threads weren’t allowed...
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
Is this not asking how to cheat the system? Thought these threads weren’t allowed...
You’re right, they’re not
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
The sooner Disney sort all these glitches out the better. Returning to the original question, I don’t see how they’ll be able to park. You don’t say how many people are staying offsite but Disney will also have a room capacity figure and so no more than a certain number can’t be assigned to a room. If all linked parties on mde had room / reservation privileges, Disney would be open to all sorts of security issues.