Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 6 May 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachv
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile Universal

Can you buy tickets for 2 days or is it onky the 14 day tickets? We are doing 3 weeks Disney next Aug but would like to do universal for a few days in middle. We would book s hotel for a night that give you fast pass. Wondered the cheapest way to do it?
Rachv is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 18, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Yes you can. We have booked 3park 3day (with free day, so 4 days) base ticket. Booked through Orlando Attractions. You have a week to use them from first activation and can't ride the Hogwarts express but the tickets are a bit cheaper.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 18, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachv
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Thank you.
Rachv is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 18, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

Mobile

The three day. 2 or 3 park tickets are as expensive as the 14 day UK tickets. The other problem is they are only valid for SEVEN DAYS after first use, the 14 day tickets of course are valid for FOURTEEN DAYS.
Old 6 May 18, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

We only bought the 2 day park to park pass with extra day free and we saved about £100 . Not much but we only want to do 3 days so £100 is £100 saving to us
We used Undercover Tourist for our tickets.

Edited at 11:38 AM.
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 18, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
STM79
Getting Excited

Mobile

We did this last year. We bought 2 day (non park hopping) tickets through Orlando Attractions. They have all the different options available, and as we weren't park hopping it was significantly cheaper.

We stayed 1 night in RPR (with Tesco vouchers) for express passes, so we managed to do loads in 2 days.

We're going again next year, but as we're adding Volcano Bay this time the 14 day ticket will be more cost effective.
STM79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
iwani
slightly serious Dibber

I have the same need - we're having a 1 night stay at a Universal hotel and only intend to do the Universal parks on the day of and the day after the stay (so 2 days).
The Orlando Attractions option is reasonable but it's cheaper (and you can hop) to just buy a 2 park ticket via the US official Universal site as far as I can tell - is there anything I'm missing here to stop me doing this? Even with taxes it's cheaper and you can print your tickets so no delivery costs...
iwani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by iwani View Post
I have the same need - we're having a 1 night stay at a Universal hotel and only intend to do the Universal parks on the day of and the day after the stay (so 2 days).
The Orlando Attractions option is reasonable but it's cheaper (and you can hop) to just buy a 2 park ticket via the US official Universal site as far as I can tell - is there anything I'm missing here to stop me doing this? Even with taxes it's cheaper and you can print your tickets so no delivery costs...
The 2 Day Park to Park ticket on the Universal site cost $282.22 including tax, the same ticket from orlandoattractions.com cost $262, £191.96, so is cheaper.
Old 9 May 18, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
iwani
slightly serious Dibber

Oh how odd, I don't know what ticket I was looking at on the OA site then, I get those figures now but didn't before. Cheers.
iwani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by iwani View Post
Oh how odd, I don't know what ticket I was looking at on the OA site then, I get those figures now but didn't before. Cheers.
You're welcome.

Could it be possible that you clicked on the 2 Day Park to Park ticket that included Volcano Bay on the OA site by mistake?