Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 May 18, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

OP, I think you were right to complain and, as others have said, I'm surprised the team members at Universal weren't more on this (they usually are). Had that woman dropped the phone it could, as you say, have caused a nasty injury and/or involved stopping the ride. Some people are just so damn inconsiderate aren't they?
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
FozzyB
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

If I got caught out doing something I shouldn’t I’d be apologetic and embarrassed, but this woman was mouthy and full of ‘what’s your problem?!’ If she had said sorry we’d have probably left it, but if she had let go of the phone and it hit me square in the face I can promise I’d have taken it much much further!
FozzyB is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by FozzyB View Post
If I got caught out doing something I shouldn’t I’d be apologetic and embarrassed, but this woman was mouthy and full of ‘what’s your problem?!’ If she had said sorry we’d have probably left it
Yes I agree and would have done the same but some people get defensive when they’ve done something wrong which is no doubt what has happened. The frustration is that the staff at Universal should’ve done more to make you feel they were dealing with the issue. Instead this woman will now feel she pretty much has a green light to carry on behaving this way. Hope you don’t have any further experiences of this OP.
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

On Cheetah Hunt at Busch I was unable to enjoy the ride because a young teen was sat at the front holding his mobile phone precariously aloft videoing the ride throughout, laughing and swaying about for extsa effect, the phone looked like it could have easily flown out of his hand and hit someone behind. Selfish.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

Yea I'm surprised because Universal are usually really strict when it comes to filming on rides. I got told off last year for taking a picture on Jurassic Park too.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fraser789 View Post
Yea I'm surprised because Universal are usually really strict when it comes to filming on rides. I got told off last year for taking a picture on Jurassic Park too.
Am starting to wonder if this is the only ride they police 😂
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Teesside23
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by FozzyB View Post
Just got off the Mummy, woman in front held her large smartphone whole way through videoing the ride. My daughter pointed this out to a cast member as we got off and he just told her to delete the video. They dived into rider swap after giving a load of backchat about there not being a problem. My daughter approached another cast member at the photo desk and identified the woman concerned and pointed out it wasn’t an issue of their videoing the ride, more an issue of what damage those sitting in front, or us behind, (ride goes backwards as well as forwards) might sustain from a flying phone at high speed! Got the impression they weren’t interested tbh. She muttered something about checking the ride video but they’d have child swapped and been long gone by then!

Honestly, what’s the point of us all having to rent a locker and deposit bags and stuff when someone thinks a smartphone missile is ‘no problem’? Huh! Rant over!
I am 100% with you.

1) It's a safety issue. They should not have had a phone with them on the ride, it should be in a locker. I am sure they have lockers for this ride. People have been injured by stuff like this. Safty first. Shame on the staff for not taking this more seriously.

2) It spoils to ride for everyone else. It like people lighting up the phone in the movies. It antisocial.

Don't let someone like this spoil your fun.
Teesside23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
FozzyB
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Thanks. We are at airport ready to fly home so the fun is over now, but we did have an amazing time, despite the occasional idiot. Takes all sorts.

Very grateful to The Dibb for all the info as we haven’t visited Orlando for ten years and so much has changed!
FozzyB is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dotb View Post
Very unusual Universal are usually very hot on anyone filming or taking photos on any of their rides. We got told off over the tannoy and told to stop taking photos and put the camera away on the first part of Jurassic Park
I did too, going up the ramp to the last drop - was a proper camera strapped to my wrist too

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

I think anyone who uses recording equipment on a ride that is not safely secured with the correct harness/etc is just damn right foolish and irresponsible.

Its people like this that annoy the heck out of me, ruin the rides for everyone else and then get them changed on Dragon Challenge for example because of idiots like this.
jessandjon2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List