Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 May 18, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Best, meeting Anna and Elsa with a Frozen obsessed DD back when that was THE fastpass. Not only was the meet great generally but it turned my video into a family classic when Elsa turned her attention on me and started comparing my outfit to Olaf's in a very entertaining way.

Worst, generally manage to turn them round but no-one remembers our vile meal at Cinderella's Royal Table with any fondness. And DD hated the princess interaction at this one so it was lose lose.

Bizarre, when I was a child my family got the giggles (along with many other people) at the site if a large German man who was wearing white y-fronts as bathers at the waterpark (which must have been the old wet and wild). This was funny but when he farted loudly in the queue I almost collapsed laughing.
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Best park memory

I was sitting at he old toon town fair train station there was very few people there for some reason . There was a young lady with a push chair she was talking to a a young girl who was in the push chair she was crying . I asked why and the lady said that as cast member have said that toon town was being pulled down and the little girl thought mickey and the gang had no where to live. The lady just sort of smiled at me as to say what do I say. I asked if I could speak to the little girl and the lady said yes sure so I got on my knees in front of the push chair . I said to the little girl can you keep a secret she looked at me and sort of nodded 😄 I said I have seen something if I tell her she got too see if she can see it as not many people can only children who truly beleave can . She said yes so I saiid that if her mum takes her to see bay lake tower and look up at the top there a invisable level that only those that truly beleave in the magic of Disney can see and only they young and young at heart can see that’s where. Mickey lives dionald got his boat on the lake but not everyone can see all the other. Characters are there but don’t tell anyone ok I winked at the little girl I stood up the mum said thank you the little poked her head I out and said mummy can I get out know her mother said yes of course . A CM was standing near by and came over and said I loved that know if this happens again I going to say the same thing😀 she also said I got something for you and your partner . She gave us a free fast pass for any ride . I. Said thank you but why not give it to the young lady and her daughter then she can go and see Micky or princess. The C M hugged me and said in 15years of working here that the nicest thing I seen anyone do . I said thank you if i make someone else day in MK Then I done a good job😃.

Worst moment

Always leaving the happiest place

Most bizzare

Must be the time I saw a lady not being allowed MK she had a minne thing on and that was it niothing underneath ; you could see well near enough everything and the sheriff was trying to cover her up and lead her away. Got to add sheriff was a lady

Edited at 12:41 PM.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

Best: The very first time we watched Wishes, followed closely by the very first time we watched HEA. Not that I think Wishes was better but it was the first time we'd seen something of that standard.

Worst: Leaving MK to head to the airport on our final day of our very first WDW holiday. I cried as I never thought we'd return given it was meant to be our "once in a lifetime" holiday...

Bizarre: The old guy that walks around Disney Springs singing, dressed in what can only be described as Elvis Presley meets Mickey Mouse - he's just too funny bless him.
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
bootsie
Trainee Dibber

Love this post!

Best - that first day at MK we couldn't quite believe it - an entire two week holiday lies before you, its warm sunny, everyone is happy, all the planning/saving has paid off and you are stuffed with yummy american food! Oh and first time on Everst ahh we love it so much!

Worst - when my memory card corrupted and I lost a weeks worth of photos. Also general illness - I had horrible heat stroke and heat rash, I lost my voice and husband had a bad tooth and eventually had to be removed when we got back so he must have been in agony! Really hoping we can have a healthy trip next year.

Bizzare - we got engaged in Disney but it was very understated, husband just asked in private, we bought a ring together as Disney Springs but I wasn't allowed to put it on straight away and then continued our day with no outward sign of engagementness. Yet when we left Quest they gave us happily ever after badges and said congratulations then all the CMs congratulated us as we walked past!? It still bothers me how they knew! I can only imagine that the shop had radioed ahead and told them or they just guessed?!
bootsie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Best moment - the look on my son's face when he spotted the miniature train track in the Germany pavilion and my daughter's reaction when she realized that there was Frozen ride and she could meet Anna and Elsa

Worst moment - finding out that BTMR was going to be closed for the entirety of our trip. I'd been meticulously plotting my daughter's height and working out her projected height for the trip and had bought the trainers with the biggest heel that I could find. Pretty much the entire build up to our trip was how many centimetres were there to go until we all rode BTMR and then the ride closures were announced and I was gutted.

Bizarre moment - seeing entire families riding mobility scooters in succession one after the other rather than walking around the parks.
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Best: Seeing the castle for the first time in real life. My Wife cried!

Worst: Our last night seeing Wishes (which is now the last time ever ) as it was cancelled due to rain. Only time this has happened in three trips. Why did it have to be our last chance to see Wishes.

Bizarre: Seeing people eating turkey (or are they pterodactyl) legs. I love my food, but walking around eating a club made of meat is just wrong.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bootsie View Post
Bizzare - we got engaged in Disney but it was very understated, husband just asked in private, we bought a ring together as Disney Springs but I wasn't allowed to put it on straight away and then continued our day with no outward sign of engagementness. Yet when we left Quest they gave us happily ever after badges and said congratulations then all the CMs congratulated us as we walked past!? It still bothers me how they knew! I can only imagine that the shop had radioed ahead and told them or they just guessed?!
Disney magic. It's a real thing.
Old 23 May 18, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyPrincess
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by MargateDave View Post
best meetin micky mouse for first time
worse gettin arrested in magik kingdem for shoplifting
bizarre some one droppin ice cream on me head

Arrested? Explain!
GoofyPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
bella
VIP Dibber

bella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Dreaming View Post
Best Park Memory
- Sitting down and enjoying the atmosphere in front of the castle while waiting for the fireworks to start. We sat and talked about the day we just had in Magic Kingdom and it was lovely. So nice to take a moment and talk to one another without rushing to fastpasses and dining! We also loved chatting to people around us, some from Texas and California, it's so nice to chat to other families and not everyone being on their phones!

Worst Moment
- Toss up between always getting sunstroke every. single. holiday. (I suffer with heat really bad even in the UK! I know how the OP feels!). I threw up massively after coming out of the lazy river in Typhoon Lagoon. How embarrassing! The other is when cast member's were bad mouthing customers in front of us, especially with young children around using pretty foul words! Took the magic away especially when we pulled them up about it!

Most Bizzare
- Okay so us 4 adults decided to all get in a raft at Aquatica for a ride. We ignored the 600LB limit stupidly, we aren't the lightest of people but only noticed when near the top and thought it'd be fine (it was not fine.) I think it was the one next to Hoo-ru run, but the raft started to get a bit wild and we started to get a bit scared. Next thing I saw was my poor dad fly over our heads, exiting the raft, and decided to go solo down the tunnels! We were really scared and panicked! When we reached the bottom, he said he was fine it just terrified him! After the panic settled we all laughed (we're evil for laughing, I know, but the adrenaline took over!) because we said at the top "naaaa it will be fine let's all go on" so we learnt our lesson! The most bizzare thing was after laughing I needed the toilet, on the way there I slipped and smashed my toe off a wall, breaking it. Karma for laughing I guess, and it wasn't fun hoping along the boiling hot floor to first aid while crying... How did my dad literally fall off a raft and feel fab, and I go to the toilet and end up in first aid can someone tell me? We now buy my dad Superman gifts because he can now fly... sick humor, we're just super glad nothing serious happened!

Sorry for the long stories, I have far too many to count!
Ok that's the funniest story I've heard in ages, I nearly choked on my apple! Thanks for sharing 😀
bella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Best

Either on our sons first trip we had a late evening at MK - fast pass for Main St Electical parade and Wishes from the Rose Garden then spent a few hours in a near empty park till closing at 1am

Or our 18 month old daughter meeting Moana last year, she was captivated.

Edit - another best - when our son was 3 he did pirates league, later that day he did the sword fighting thing on the little stage and got to go one on one with Captain Jack, the interaction was amazing

Worst

Last year in Gastons Tavern my son, 6 drank straight from one of the water coolers for a second, he was confused as he thought it was the same as a water fountain that you drink directly from.

We went to tell a cast member so they could clean it but An American family made an absolute scene about it really going on and on and pointing him out to random people it really upset him and my wife was close to losing it with them. Honestly they were so rude.

Bizarre

Probably on our honeymoon at Universal one day we got asked if we were around later and wanted to be in the Mardi Gras parade, ended up being the ‘king and queen’ of Mardi Gras throwing beads from the top of a float

Edited at 03:14 PM.
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List