Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 May 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

I go to the parks with a tanki under my clothes and take a full change of clothes with me including underwear. I've tried walking around after wet rides to dry off but it just doesn't work for me,feels like I'm wearing a nappy!
Last year we went on Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls five times in a row, going for six this year

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
scottish mama
VIP Dibber

Quick drying walking shorts, with vest and bikini top for me, DH wears swim shorts and t shirt, and the kids wear swim shorts and rash tops.
scottish mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

We always plan in advance what are going to be "wet ride days" and wear suitable clothing.

I normally wear my Superdry swimming shorts (that are lightweight, loose and baggy) and a polo / t-shirt. The GF also wears very similar & we make sure we both have towels in the car to sit on in case we have not fully dried out by hometime. One of us will have a draw-string type bag with us to put wallet / purse / phones / keys into while our shorts pockets are wet. Also consider wearing loose footwear like flip-flops or crocs that dry out easily - soaked trainers will take a while to dry out! Of course, loose footwear is not good if you're planning any coasters / extreme rides, hence why we decide on "wet ride" visits (never spend a full day in a park, so easy to return to the same / another park later on dressed differently).
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Avoid denim as others have said. Other than that I wear what I’m wearing which is normally linen.

We generally avoid water rides that soak you as walking around with a wet crotch is no fun. Last year we did all the water rides in IoA just before we headed back to the hotel as we were staying at RPR. We were really soaked, like just had a shower soaked so I couldn’t have walked round the park like that.

At Disney there’s only really Kali River Rapids that properly gets you wet and we tend to avoid it.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Gym clothes work great for the parks in general- light, fast drying and moisture wicking. You'll dry off way faster in those type of materials. Although at Busch I saw loads of girls just wearing a swimsuit and shorts which looked like a good idea!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Avoid white shorts 😲
A few years ago I came off the water rapids in AK to my family laughing their heads off. The front of my white linen shorts were soaking and also completely see through 😲😲😲
Never wear white shorts to parks now 😂
Old 23 May 18, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

Our wet ride day, I wore a light weight dress, no bra and skimpy pants
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

Last time at Universal as we were staying one night we purposely wore clothes that were easy to dry i.e. quick dry gym gear and I had a bikini under mine. We then headed back to the pool after doing them all twice in a row
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona88
Excited about Disney

For our days that involved a lot of water rides, we went for bikini tops(so there wasn't any padding to hold water all day), with light, quick trying tee shirts on top then quick drying shorts and sandals/water shoes to change into. Also a big carrier bag/dry bag to shove the backpack into so it stayed dry in the raft.

Waterproof clothing would be a bit pointless as water will run down under it e.g. waterproof trainers will get wet from water going in rather than landing on, then they'll take an age to dry.

When I was a kid my mum put us in football strips to go to seaworld, and a change of underwear in the bag as I used to whinge a lot about that being a requirement

Edited at 01:41 PM.
fiona88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by dorsetmutley View Post
Our wet ride day, I wore a light weight dress, no bra and skimpy pants
I’ve just tried to visualise myself in this after a water ride. I would get arrested with all my bits jiggling everywhere 😂😂😂

I have this dilemma all the time and end up avoiding the water rides because of it. I know folk say it’s nice to walk around wet as it keeps you cool, but I am genuinely freezing until I have dried and it’s no fun

I’ve decided this year on water ride day to wear a swim skirt, non padded bikini top and quick dry sports vest. The swim skirt is made from swimsuit fabric with integrated bikini bottoms but comes halfway down my thighs so not too short to look like a ‘normal’ skirt. Hopefully will dry quickly in the sun. I did look for ladies board shorts as I like that idea, but the ones I found were all shorter than the skirt.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List