Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Mar 15, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
g1970
Imagineer

g1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mine said 'go to kiosk' despite having the barcode on it last year. I found a thread explaining about how to do the OLCI and it then printed the 'go to garage' one out.

I wasn't taking the chance, despite some people saying it would be ok. Sorry you had such an ordeal
g1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Yorkshire_Dan View Post
I tried to warn people about this in another thread time and time again!

juneandpeter take note!

I think the information about savetime, check in and skip the counter needs to be made into a sticky to warn others.
I cant belive we are still having this chat.As I had said before it will not work for everyone, if it works for you do it by all means you would be crazy not too. But for others who can't do OLCI, Savetime as been enough on my last 5 trips.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

I done savetime a few weeks ago and after reading this thread I went back and checked the site and theres a section on it that gives you steps and it said on mine to go to kiosk.

Done OLCI and it said i was checked in but still said I had to go to kiosk, there was a button on the right hand side for go straight to garage (or something similar) - clicked that and had to enter my card details and then it gave me a bypass ticket.

Can see folk getting caught out on this if they don't read their reservation sheet and the staff are getting strict... though the savetime thing is misleading if you need those extra steps of OLCI and Bypass
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We have booked Alamo Brits do we need to do both OLCI and savetime never bothered with the save time before
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
footman
Proud to wear my Ears

Just spoke to my friend who has just returned home. 2 weeks ago he went to the garage with his "savetime" print out which has the barcode. ( this is the same printout that I have presented at the garage the past 3 years with no issues)
This time however my friend was turned away and instructed to return to the counter or kiosk! The chap was very polite but firm and pointed out to my friend that it stated so on his documentation.
My friend returned to the counter which was empty and obtained a single printout with staff members signature on it.
No further issues at garage.
Seems that there is a hit or miss as to whether you get through without the specific "bypass the counter" print out.
For my forthcoming trip I have done my usual "Savetime" with the printout showing the barcode. I also done the Online check in but no option to go to the bypass the counter so it will be the kiosk for me.
After being travelling for about 15 hours, the last thing I want is turned back at the garage.
The thing is that the past few years I have specifically went with Alamo as the straight to garage was very appealing! Looks like Alamo will be losing me as a customer and in future my decision on who to go with will be based on price.
footman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

On previous trips I have had a printout with go straight to garage on it, this time it didn't give me the option of entering my credit card though, I always book with travel city direct as I liked the Downtown disney check-in but didn't want to pay the virgin prices, so I don't know why this trip was any different than the others. It would not have been an issue if it wasn't for the obnoxious and persistant B-S of the sales rep keeping me there for nearly 40 mins, I don't know if he hadn't met his sales target for the day or just was like that normally but I would imagine that any new visitors to the country, tired after the plane trip but eager to get to the fun would have been scared into paying the breakdown and tyre excess that wasn't needed.
jclutton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Hi
Our last three trips we have gone straight to the garage, picked our car, and gone to the exit ( once getting a free upgrade by a manager standing by the empty full size bay ) and having no problems.
Maybe it's if you talk to staff they realise it's the only chance they have to get commission so they send you back
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyMadFan View Post
We have booked Alamo Brits do we need to do both OLCI and savetime never bothered with the save time before
Seriously, read what has been said.

Savetime and online check in is not sufficient, you also need to complete skip the counter.
Yorkshire_Dan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by footman View Post
Just spoke to my friend who has just returned home. 2 weeks ago he went to the garage with his "savetime" print out which has the barcode. ( this is the same printout that I have presented at the garage the past 3 years with no issues)
This time however my friend was turned away and instructed to return to the counter or kiosk! The chap was very polite but firm and pointed out to my friend that it stated so on his documentation.
My friend returned to the counter which was empty and obtained a single printout with staff members signature on it.
No further issues at garage.
Seems that there is a hit or miss as to whether you get through without the specific "bypass the counter" print out.
For my forthcoming trip I have done my usual "Savetime" with the printout showing the barcode. I also done the Online check in but no option to go to the bypass the counter so it will be the kiosk for me.
After being travelling for about 15 hours, the last thing I want is turned back at the garage.
The thing is that the past few years I have specifically went with Alamo as the straight to garage was very appealing! Looks like Alamo will be losing me as a customer and in future my decision on who to go with will be based on price.
Wait, you can still go straight to the garage. All you have to do is complete skip the counter. Takes 5 minutes of your time.
Yorkshire_Dan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
I done savetime a few weeks ago and after reading this thread I went back and checked the site and theres a section on it that gives you steps and it said on mine to go to kiosk.

Done OLCI and it said i was checked in but still said I had to go to kiosk, there was a button on the right hand side for go straight to garage (or something similar) - clicked that and had to enter my card details and then it gave me a bypass ticket.

Can see folk getting caught out on this if they don't read their reservation sheet and the staff are getting strict... though the savetime thing is misleading if you need those extra steps of OLCI and Bypass
Great post. Nice to see someone with their head screwed on.
Closed Thread