Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Aug 15, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MalcolmC
Apprentice Imagineer

I always clear out the rubbish inside.

Once I had to wash the outside after we drove through a cloud of love bugs on route to Cocoa Beach (it took two days and a pressure washer to get them all off!). Another time the kids got chewing gum on the mats which I felt guilty about and spent hours with ice cubes chipping it off.

Generally the hire company runs the cars through a car wash and a (very) quick vacuum before they go back to the airport.
MalcolmC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 15, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
s7jgw
Trying for More Ears

Well Im definatley in the minority here but i hate going about in a dirty car,
Its one of the things i enjoy doing and as we stay in the same villa every visit i still have car wash stuff left over from 2010, hopefully it is still there this year.
Last thing you want in holiday photos is a manky car, but i may be a little OCD haha.
s7jgw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 15, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We've only ever had a two week hire and as two adults the car isn't usually too bad. We clear out the rubbish but other than that it wouldn't occur to me to clean the car before I handed it back. Not unless it was really bad because we'd had a spillage or something.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 15, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Tom

I've already posted on this thread but just wanted to say have a safe trip and great holiday.

Have you asked Chris to join you in a SDD?

Mick
Mick... I hate to ask, but what the heck is a SDD? Ooh, hope it isn't rude
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 15, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
gavdon
slightly serious Dibber

I normally just clear out the car of any rubbish. I have used a vacuum when we've been at a villa.
I did pick up a car late on in Seattle & had to clean it the following morning once I saw how dirty it was in the daylight. A quick call to the hire company & I got some money back as way of an apology.
gavdon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 15, 05:47 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Out in Corfu just now and hired a car from the hotel. Now this is what I call a manky motor. The Hotel is up an unmade road in the centre of the island, and yesterday we had a thunderstorm. This made the usually dusty outside of the car look like it was coated in dark brown mud...
The inside has a constant layer of dust on the seats and dash, no matter what you do, it's back within the hour, but still this little Hyundai Getz is just perfect for the narrow roads on the Centre of the island.

FYI
I fly Radio Control planes and come to this hotel twice a year to do it in the sun. If you have a similar interest ( and like dusty hire cars ! ) check out the hotel ar RCHotel.com it's really fun.

Edit: just now came down to reception and looking out to the ( dusty) car park, someone has washed the car...not that's service

Ian

Edited at 05:51 AM.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 15, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We don't normally need to but have hosed the windscreen on occasions because of bugs
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 15, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaffers
Imagineer

Scaffers's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Wash it ha

It's lucky to be in one piece after I've ragged it.
Old 13 Aug 15, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
hillcats
Excited about Disney

hillcats's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Absolutely not, our own vehicles get a birthday once a year (if I can be bothered even then) so there's no chance of Alamo's vehicle being cleaned.
Old 13 Aug 15, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Mick... I hate to ask, but what the heck is a SDD? Ooh, hope it isn't rude
Chris

You should spend more time over in "General Chat"

Single Digit Dance

Would I post anything remotely rude?