Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Mar 16, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Be interesting to know how many exactly is 'select number of guests', if it's anything like MVMCP or MNSSHP I would be miffed at forking out over $100 and still have a busy park.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 16, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Only one word springs to mind

Kerching!

Have to admit I laughed at this when I read it as I can't understand the basic economics of it. At $150 per person they will need a lot of people who can attend at the specified times ( i.e not young children!) just to make the whole thing work.
Having heard so many stories and rumours about the end of extra magic hours due to cost this seems the kind of idea from someone who has seen a money making without actually seeing how it looks to the public.
After 3 years of magic band usage and data gathered this is the best they can do?
Shamelessly screw a whole lot more money out of any person a magic band may have missed:angry:

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 16, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

This would perhaps appeal to me. Not if I was already buying 14 day ultimates, but if I was doing a repeat of this year (no Disney, staying offsite), then I would definitely consider it.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 16, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
inline imageDisney are now selling an after hours event at Magic Kingdom. $149 + TAX for an extra 3 hours on selected evenings.

More Magic in Less Time

Treat yourself to a classic Magic Kingdom experience—complete with select attractions, ice cream novelties and more.

By purchasing a ticket to Disney After Hours, you can make the most of a truly magical occasion when Magic Kingdom park lets you in for the last few hours of the day… and then stays open for 3 extra hours at night, just for Guests of the event!

This is your chance to fit in even more theme park fun, all while enjoying many of the most popular attractions and Character Greetings around—such as:
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Disney Princess Greetings at Princess Fairytale Hall
  • Peter Pan’s Flight
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Space Mountain
  • And much, much more!
  • Ice Cream Novelties & Select Beverages Included!
  • In the midst of the laughs and thrills, be sure to chill out with ice cream novelties and select bottled beverages—included with the cost of admission—available at carts stationed through the park. In addition, you can also purchase select menu items at Casey’s Corner and STARBUCKS® Coffee and specialty beverages from Main Street Bakery.

And remember: admission is limited to only a select number of Guests. Be sure to purchase your tickets today!

Call Today to Purchase Your Tickets

Contact the Disney Reservation Center by phone to buy your tickets to this one-of-a-kind special event! Admission to Disney After Hours can be purchased for $149 per Guest (tax not included), and takes place on the following dates:
  • April 28 and May 5, 2016 from 10:00 PM to 1:00 AM
  • April 14 and 21, and May 8, 12 and 19, 2016 from 11:00 PM to 2:00 AM

Important Details for Disney After Hours

Learn all you need to know about Disney After Hours—including when you can check-in and enter the park.
  • Official check-in for the event will take place at the Main Entrance to the theme park beginning at 7:00 PM.
  • Please note that Magic Kingdom park will officially close to Guests who haven’t purchased Disney After Hours tickets at 10:00 PM on April 28 and May 5, 2016; and at 11:00 PM on April 14 and 21, and May 8, 12 and 19, 2016.
  • Walt Disney World Resort hotel Guests—including those staying at Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel and Walt Disney World Swan Hotel—may use Walt Disney World Transportation after the event for up to 2 hours.
  • Please note that the number of tickets available is limited. In addition, all tickets are non-refundable, non-transferrable and are only valid for admission during the special event date and hours.
  • All attractions, entertainment and experiences are subject to change without notice.

disneyworld.disney.go/ev...y-after-hours/

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 16, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
This would perhaps appeal to me. Not if I was already buying 14 day ultimates, but if I was doing a repeat of this year (no Disney, staying offsite), then I would definitely consider it.
Just had a chat about this as well and think we would definitely do it if we were just having a quick week over or just at WDW for a few days.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 16, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_noob
Very Serious Dibber

Got to say, we are not doing disney this year (road trip and universal), but would seriously consider this for our family of adults and teens/tweens.
florida_noob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 16, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post

I think some people are missing the point (as others have said above)... It's a special event and gives you 6 hours of park time, 3 hours "after hours". Given a single day ticket is $100, if I were buying that I'd definitely pay and extra $50. You can't compare it to a 14 day ticket; it's aimed at:
- people who might otherwise buy a 1-2 day ticket, and
- people with a large disposable income

To put it in perspective:
- a late night/sleepover @ London's Science Museum is £180 per person
- Thorpe Park "VIP experiences" are £200-£350 per person

All of a sudden $150 sounds cheap! They will have no problem selling tickets at all IMHO.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 16, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by misterh View Post
I think some people are missing the point (as others have said above)... It's a special event and gives you 6 hours of park time, 3 hours "after hours". Given a single day ticket is $100, if I were buying that I'd definitely pay and extra $50. You can't compare it to a 14 day ticket; it's aimed at:

All of a sudden $150 sounds cheap! They will have no problem selling tickets at all IMHO.
Agree with this.

It's aimed at a specific demographic - Disney aren't stupid - and that demographic is not many of the people on the Dibb. It's certainly not aimed principally at those already going for a two week trip. It's more aimed at those who are going to Florida but maybe planning to skip Disney altogether. An event like this will entice some of those people in. there are a huge range of people who visit Florida and, fortunately, we don't all want the same thing. So I'm sure there are plenty of people to whom this will appeal. it will remain to be seen if it has any effect on how busy the parks are,but I don't suppose it will be any different to any other ticketed event. And I do get the impression that this may be a trial ahead of potentially introducing it in the longer term.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 16, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
suesmum
Apprentice Imagineer

suesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by misterh View Post

I didn't realise that was the price of a day ticket. In which case, yes, I think these tickets will sell as basically it is only $50 more and you get the extra 3 hours etc. So as long as you plan it so that attractions that won't be open in the extra 3 hours - you do at the 7pm - 10pm end of park ... then can enjoy the extra hours on the other attractions.

But ... it would depend on numbers. I could not afford it for us as there are 12 of us, but assuming I could yet still had to queue for ages at the rides or at the carts giving away ice cream etc ... I would be pretty peeved. Looking forward to the reviews after the first few evenings of this "event".
suesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 16, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

It would appeal to me - quiet headliner rides after all the little kids have gone.

I already pay for quick ride access at Universal - by staying (or sometimes just checking into) in a hotel for the night, I probably would do this one night of our stay if it was available to get a similar thing for MK.

Parks are getting too busy. Disney can see that and can see from their surveys that it is affecting "enjoyment levels" in the parks - probably affecting the big spenders most - and since they are the ones that Disney wants to keep spending longer, then they will have a special "quiet time" that can be bought.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List