Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Mar 16, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
suesmum
Apprentice Imagineer

suesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Out of curiosity ... I have never been at the park at 7pm as we have always left early. Just how busy is the park normally between 7 - 10pm? If not that busy (using wait times as the measuring scale) - will it then become busy when the "event" people swarm in.
suesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 16, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I wouldn't buy it but agree I am not the demographic.

However if I was in the demographic of short stay out of town US visitors I would want to know a lot more about it before I parted with my money including

What other rides will be open as 5 (including meet and greet) is hardly going to fill 3 hours

How many tickets will be sold as with limited rides it will not take much for queues to be long especially with things like Peter Pan being slow loaders

What ice cream and bevarages will be offered because a premium mickey bar and a bottle of water won't cut it.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 16, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
DH and I are in the demographic, no kids etc, but the thing that worries me is, will this effect "party" prices? On a non Disney holiday DH and I get our Disney kicks, by going to either MNSSHP or MVMCP (or both). Both these events are considerably cheaper than the $150 quoted for this new event, and you get more bang for your buck (parades and fireworks). Is this setting a trend for all special events to have prices raised, are they just seeing if the market will stand it?

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 16, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Originally Posted by suesmum View Post
Out of curiosity ... I have never been at the park at 7pm as we have always left early. Just how busy is the park normally between 7 - 10pm? If not that busy (using wait times as the measuring scale) - will it then become busy when the "event" people swarm in.
Mobbed. The parks are only really "quiet" before 10AM and after 10PM, and even at that, quiet just means not totally rammed now.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 16, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post

This year will definately be my last. The Disney money grabbers can take it off those with more to waste!

I'm in my 70's now and was brought up with the notion that Disney was full of magic and wonder. Every time that I'd go to the cinema, I'd see Disney characters and marvel at their wonderful animation. I never saw the Disney organisation as anything but a well run business "by the people, for the people". "Good old Walt", so I thought.

My views are changing somewhat.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 16, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by gpb View Post
Wow, they really are using every possible revenue stream. In the future this could signal the way for 'paid for' extra magic hours, if this trial proves successful.
My thoughts exactly😳
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 16, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

I'd be interested to know what their idea of "limited" tickets is. They say there are limited tickets for the Halloween and Christmas parties, but they get busier every year.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

How does Disney After Hours differ from Extra Magic Hours?
Disney After Hours is a special, ticketed event while Extra Magic Hours is an exclusive benefit for Guests staying in Walt Disney World Resort Hotels (valid park ticket and Resort I.D. required).

Will "Disney After Hours" eventually replace Extra Magic Hours?
No. Extra Magic Hours will continue, while Disney After Hours provides another option for Guests wanting to enjoy more magic in less time at Magic Kingdom Park.

Are any other Walt Disney World theme parks offering a Disney After Hours event?
At this time, Disney After Hours is only taking place at Magic Kingdom Park.

Do I need standard theme park admission in order to attend Disney After Hours?
No. You do not need standard theme park admission, however, you must have a separate event ticket in order to attend Disney After Hours. Pricing is $149 plus tax.

What time does the event start / what time can I check in for the event?
The event takes place for three hours following park close, but Guests are welcome to check in for the event and enjoy the park as early as 7 p.m. Event-specific offerings, such as ice cream novelties and bottled beverages, will only be available during the hours of the event.

What attractions will be operating during Disney After Hours?
Many of the most popular attractions at Magic Kingdom Park will be available, including:
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Princess Fairytale Hall
Peter Pan’s Flight
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Space Mountain
Town Square Theater
And much more
What Food & Beverage offerings will be available during Disney After Hours?
Ice cream novelties and bottled beverages are included for event participants during the hours of the event. Guests will be able to purchase additional items at Casey’s Corner and the Main Street Bakery.

Where can Guests purchase tickets to this event?
To purchase tickets, Guests may call 407-827-7185.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Fefster
Excited about Disney

The Magic Kingdom has 52,000 visitors on average every day, so say you have a 1% attendance, that's just 520 people in the park, but extra revenue of $77480.

If 2000 people buy this, which doesn't seem unrealistic, then thats $298,000 a night.

If Disney run this for 50 nights a year, that's an extra $14,900,000 in revenue.

Start doing this in AK when Avatar opens and you can double it. When Star Wars opens, you can treble it.

Edited at 05:19 PM.
Fefster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
The 2.5 hour event in MK they did for IPW2015 cost Disney 1.5 million dollars to stage (although it was well staffed and a premier event). This was for 6,500 people. So selling this to just 2,000 people wouldn't interest them at all. They say the MNSSHP can be 20,000 tickets per night.

SeaWorld did a similar event for us but was a much simpler event and that cost them $600,000 to host.

With the 6,500 people in the park even with 2 of the lands not in use it was quiet with zero queues for the rides (Mind you most people seemed to be sitting around drinking).
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List