Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 11 May 16, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
SpaceLady
Getting Excited

We live about 1.5hours from Gatwick so we thought we'd get a taxi back last time. I thought I was going to die... the taxi driver we got was so tired herself that her driving was appalling. Over the road lines, breaking the speed limit and almost falling asleep. The car was moving around so much my daughter got travel sick (usually only happens when she travels in a mini bus. I'm not very religious but I was praying we'd get home in one piece. In hindsight I should have got her to pull over and get another driver. Because of that experience we won't get a taxi again. I know it was bad luck but it's really put me off.

I guess my point is that a long journey in a taxi can be very stressful.

I will also make sure there is a stock of red bull in the car. 😄
SpaceLady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 16, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Reddevil99
Excited about Disney

We live near Southampton so only about an hour and half away from Gatwick but my DW started the drive back last year but felt to tired to drive so quick swap at the services and I can honestly say I have never felt so tired driving, and I've had alot of early morning drives back from Manchester.
Reddevil99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 16, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Louiseanne
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by magicofflorida View Post
I am debating whether to drive or use the train or coach as it's about a 3 hour drive back for us to South Wales from Gatwick (we'll be landing around 09:00) I can only manage an hour to 90 minutes sleeping on a plane.
We always do the bus back to south wales. It's easy and we can catch a few more hours sleep then we stay up till normal time so helps with jetlag.
Louiseanne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 16, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Smithk2
Swimming at the All Star Resort

We're also from South Wales.

This time we are staying in Premier Inn North the night before. When we come back we land at 9am, so no way would me or my dh feel like battling the M25 after such a long night flight. As such, we've booked the same Premier Inn for the night before we land and the following night, so that we can check straight in after collecting our luggage in the morning. I booked all the rooms last November so every night was under £40 each.
Smithk2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 16, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Steve.S
Imagineer

Steve.S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
i drive back from Glasgow to Dundee takes a couple of hours,i always get a double espresso coffee at GA before i pick the car up and am wide awake for the drive which is usually ok.
Steve.S is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 16, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

We drove back from Gatwick when we got home from Vegas. iT was a 3.5 hour drive in torrential rain. I did stop and see my friend o the way back and made lots of stops at service stations to walk and wake myself up. But I was very pleased when I get home.

Can't say it was the most pleasant drive ever, but we both hate coaches and we chose to drive as would couldn't be doing with the messed up train service to London due to rail works - (changing tube to train bad enough once let alone multiple times)
unfortunately we couldn't fly direct from anywhere other than gatwick

If trains are running that that is usually my preference.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 16, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread