Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 25 Aug 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bads
Trying for More Ears

Is 2 days enough to do Universal and IOA?

We go last week of October for 2 weeks we are staying at AKL. As the title suggests is 2 days enough at this time of year to do everything at Unviversal and IOA, we are 3 adults and my daughter aged 7, so whilst Harry Potter is interesting will not be too fussed about going on all the Harry Potter themed rides. We will not have express passes either.

Edited at 07:59 AM.
Bads is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Yes, it should be. Try and get US done in the mornings, as it shuts early several days a week for Halloween Horror Nights.
If you don't get all you want done in 2 days (and you have the 14day ticket), then you could pop back to the parks one evening after 6pm, when parking is free.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Bads
Trying for More Ears

Thanks for the tips, especially on the early close due to HHN
Bads is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ufm
VIP Dibber

ufm's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Id say it would depend on whether you intend to ride the rides your daughter is not tall enough for. That will involve a parent swap for you and will add time to your visit. Theres also a chance you love it and will want more time
2012 Going DIY for a try :-) Trip Report
2010 Indian Creek Villa - Trip Report
2008/Enclave Suites 2007/Ramada IDrive
ufm is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 04:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bads View Post
We go last week of October for 2 weeks we are staying at AKL. As the title suggests is 2 days enough at this time of year to do everything at Unviversal and IOA, we are 3 adults and my daughter aged 7, so whilst Harry Potter is interesting will not be too fussed about going on all the Harry Potter themed rides. We will not have express passes either.
It would not have been enough for us as a first visit but mainly because we are huge HP fans and wanted to spend a lot of time in the areas absorbing the surroundings.

As a repeat visitor, I would now go for two days and would be quite comfortable that we could get round everything (although we would have express passes).

On balance, I think it could be a bit tight, but if that is all you can spare, just go and do what you can.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It was plenty of time for us as two adults, my partner went on every ride including the likes of hulk multiple times one after the other and after 2 days we were done and had no need to return! we even had time to cast spells in the wizarding world. If you know what rides you can and cant do and what you want to do i dont think it will be a problem.
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Andycm81
Apprentice Imagineer

Andycm81's Reviews
Yes, two days is easily enough to do both parks, but get in early to ride your priority rides and then take the rest at a leisurely pace. I'd definitely advise getting the park to park pass to make the most of the tickets as opposed to one day for IoA and one day for Universal.
Andycm81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We went couple of years ago October Half term and had limited time. We went really early but the park was getting so busy so cheated and purchased express passes so glad we did as it got even busier by the afternoon due to people I presume coming for HHN.
Glyndsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
IMO, 2 days is enough of you get there early and plan to avoid any days where the park closes early for HHNs, but personally, I like the option of spreading it over 3 days making it a more leisurely experience.
As regular (annual) visitors, it is rare that we combine parks these days choosing either Universal or Disney, or occasionally neither meaning time is not an issue