Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jan 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I am ok with the 17.5. My problem lies in the fact that I am 6’ and my 17 yr old son 6’3”. We can manage with a 31 inch pitch, but it certainly isn’t fun, hence our liking of exit row seats. I just resent paying for them, although for our recent Norwegian Flights, exit row was just £25pp for London-Boston and Miami-London.

I think my resentment at being gouged comes from many years of RAF travel, often courtesy of a jump seat in a C130 Hercules.. or lying on the canvas roof of a Landrover! If I could save money, I would happily travel in the hold of an airliner. Clearly Coach class is not possible for some and for various reasons. We are fortunate that we can tolerate it.

P.S. We also travel hand luggage only as we like multi centres and frequently have internal flights. With Norwegian, we even had a £3.99 WH Smith Meal deal in preference to the £25 garbage served up by the airline and washed down by around 50ml of plonk in a plastic cup. The guy next to me offered to swap.. and I smugly refused as I demolished my BLT Sandwish, 500ml Orange juice and crisps.
Made me smile Froggy, we too take a Boots Meal Deal as oft airline food is not so good, which is a shame as it may be canny when prepared by the caterers. Whereas you may prefer more pitch it's width I need to accommodate these hips and a back brace! Unfortunately VA are reducing PE width from 21" to 18.5", beginning with the new A350 followed by refitting their remaining fleet (bar the 747's as they're out to pasture soon), so we'll likely be looking for an alternative for next winter.

BTW, part of my spine issue is down to a bad descent when at RAF Weston-on-the-Green during my RAF days
Old 21 Jan 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Made me smile Froggy, we too take a Boots Meal Deal as oft airline food is not so good, which is a shame as it may be canny when prepared by the caterers. Whereas you may prefer more pitch it's width I need to accommodate these hips and a back brace! Unfortunately VA are reducing PE width from 21" to 18.5", beginning with the new A350 followed by refitting their remaining fleet (bar the 747's as they're out to pasture soon), so we'll likely be looking for an alternative for next winter.

BTW, part of my spine issue is down to a bad descent when at RAF Weston-on-the-Green during my RAF days
Weston on the Green? Being a former Aircraft Technician (Army), I never believed in the practice of jumping out of perfectly serviceable aircraft.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Invisible Man
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post

Another vote for Boots meal deal here. Always take them as opposed to airline meals.
Invisible Man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

The Boots shop is relatively close to the check in seats in Gatwick South terminal so I’m tempted to find DH some items there for sure🥰
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Unicorn13x
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
Did you book a package or just flights with TC? You should be able to claim consequential losses and the difference in price between your flights under section 75. There’s a discussion about it in the Thomas Cook section 😊
Package with both same airport and hotel. Will look into it thank you.
Unicorn13x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
I fly with whoever is cheapest, same metal tube for 9 hours, 1st year was Thomas cook, two times BA, upcoming trip Virgin (for some reason was cheaper than BA)
this

spookily best price for our dates was virgin this year pretty much same as i could get indirect

but as above id go jet2 if they did it
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
Another vote for Boots meal deal here. Always take them as opposed to airline meals.
We buy Boots meal deals in addition to the airline meals.

The flight's 9 hours long and I need more than one or two small meals to keep me going during that time.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I loved the food last time, lovely tomato soup, steak great desert cheese board with port. They also made my wife a burger when she needed to take her tablets.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Invisible Man
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
I loved the food last time, lovely tomato soup, steak great desert cheese board with port. They also made my wife a burger when she needed to take her tablets.
It’s the afternoon meals I don’t like. Sandwiches always have things on I don’t like, and I don’t like the fruit in the scones..Proper fussy me ..😂
Invisible Man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wifey View Post
The Boots shop is relatively close to the check in seats in Gatwick South terminal so I’m tempted to find DH some items there for sure🥰
Hi wifey, Boots may still offer a 3 selection sandwich pack within their Meal Deal, we usually buy two as 6 halves provides plenty of scran for our flight to Atlanta, we don't then eat until arriving on Bokeelia - hopefully a 3 pack will give your hubs plenty to chomp on