Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jan 20, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

My 37 year old hubby is the same, if he’s playing his PlayStation his frustration can be heard throughout the house. He’s a teacher and hardly swears in every day life but his language whilst playing computer games is shocking.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
😂 I think part of the problem is the headphones they usually wear! They are having conversations with friends through them and don’t realise how loud they are!
Yes I think you are right it is the headphones.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I imagine most 20 year olds swear when they are talking to their friends. It’s just without the Xbox they’d be out of the house and you wouldn’t hear it.
This is true and I don't mind him swearing when he thinks I can't hear it. I usually just turn a blind eye to it but tonight was a bit over the top it. It just amazes me that a pretend game of football can make someone so emotional.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
My husband is 34 and he’s the same. I can be in the bath or in bed and I can hear him effing and jeffing at his console. He actually woke me up at midnight one night with it, even though he was downstairs and I was upstairs in bed, and I completely lost my head with him. It drives me completely insane. We’re looking to move house and I would LOVE to find a house with a garage, detached from the house, which has a lounge/den of sorts above. He’d be relegated to that space for his games and I could enjoy my house in peace.
House with a man cave, I’m sure it would be his dream come true as well. Pool table, bar, etc.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
House with a man cave, I’m sure it would be his dream come true as well. Pool table, bar, etc.
Sound-proofed. 80 inch ultra HD telly.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My 17yr old son is the same playing Fifa. Its been better since the day I opened his bedroom door and flicked off the mains power switch on the wall. As we say to him, its obviously not enjoyable if it gets to that stage, although his reply was "you can't just quit if you're losing a game".
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Sound-proofed. 80 inch ultra HD telly.
That's the dream, but I'm not sure if we will be able to afford it. I've only found 2 properties with a potential man cave separate from the house - one is £90k over our estimated budget and the other is max budget but the house would need A LOT of work to modernise and update it.

If I have to carry on with his gaming behavior in the same house forevermore I am worried I'll lose my mind
Old 21 Jan 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
My Son used to shout and swear at his Play Station. Now he has his own place I don't know what he does.

I do chuckle about this gaming stuff though. I can't even drive a Mario Kart around a race track at more than 2mph without crashing it.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
My Son used to shout and swear at his Play Station. Now he has his own place I don't know what he does.

I do chuckle about this gaming stuff though. I can't even drive a Mario Kart around a race track at more than 2mph without crashing it.
My son was the same.

I used to struggle with electronic tennis, where the blip is reflected to each side of the screen. My gaming skills have remained at the same level.

Disney332
Old 21 Jan 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

My dh is like this when he watches the football, he just can’t control himself so I don’t watch it with him anymore
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List