Notices

Old 5 May 15, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
SarahJayne
Imagineer

Sounds fantastic!

We did Oahu as part of our honeymoon. It's fab and we loved doing pearl harbour, dole plantation and luau was brilliant.
Old 6 May 15, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
rens
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

I love you trippies and this one sounds amazing!

Hawaii has been on my bucket list forever and I'm really trying to fit it into our West Coast trip next year but based on this year's prices I don't think our flight budget will stretch so I'll just have to lust over your PTR instead!xx
rens is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 15, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
SuzyM
Very Serious Dibber

SuzyM's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds amazing. We're doing the West Coast this August (for the first time), but not doing Hawaii or Vegas - so I look forward to your report of those places to decide if they should feature in a future trip . We are doing San Francisco, Yosemite, LA, San Diego and Anaheim, so didn't want to squash in anything more!

Look forward to hearing more

Suzy
TDL and DLHK: July/Aug 2017; DCL: 2023 Alaska (Wonder)
SuzyM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 15, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Sounds like a great trip to celebrate turning 30. Have always enjoyed reading your trippies.

We are going back to the West Coast in October to celebrate DD and her BF turning 21 so they can legally drink and gamble this time . Fitting in San Diego this time too can't wait.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 15, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Wow...great trip and almost exactly what we're doing the same month!
We are doing September 2016 too...LA/Anaheim then Hawaii, then San Francisco ending up in Vegas. Hoping to fly into LAX and out of Vegas with Thomas Cook as we loved them so much when we flew from Vegas with them last week xx
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 15, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
sweetemotion
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 114
I'm excited to here more about your plans! I've loved reading your previous trip reports. Hawaii has been one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to, the North Shore is far different to the tourist areas of Waikiki. You get to see the island for what it really is and I would highly recommend a visit to Laniakea Beach, it's where the sea turtles come to bask in the sun. There isn't much parking though in that area, I think they want the least amount of tourists there as possible. There is always a volunteer somewhere on the beach usually, keeping an eye on them Are you planning on hiking diamond head? I didn't manage to do this due to heavy rain but I wished I had just done it now. I enjoyed saying "Aloha" and "Mahalo" every day too haha

Edited to add: There us a luau within walking distance of Aulani, paradise cove is the one I went to and it was amazing. Our guide learned everyones name on the bus within about 15 minutes. He was amazing all the way through. And Aulani is simply amazing!

WDW - 96, 99, 00, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 17
DLP - 98, 01, 02, 10 DLR - 11, 12, 14, 18 15
Las Vegas - 11, 12, 13x2, 14, 18x2
WDW Cast Member 17 - 18 14 U.S. States & Counting!

Edited at 12:35 AM.
sweetemotion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 15, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Thanks for everyone's replies!

Originally Posted by Floopy View Post
Sounds fantastic!

We did Oahu as part of our honeymoon. It's fab and we loved doing pearl harbour, dole plantation and luau was brilliant.
Wow all sounds amazing! We can't wait! The more I read, the more excited I get! It's a shame trippies are so hard to come by on here!

Originally Posted by rens View Post
I love you trippies and this one sounds amazing!

Hawaii has been on my bucket list forever and I'm really trying to fit it into our West Coast trip next year but based on this year's prices I don't think our flight budget will stretch so I'll just have to lust over your PTR instead!xx
Yes we found the same when planning our 2013 west coast adventure, and I never imagined we'd go back so soon! Feeling very lucky!

Originally Posted by SuzyM View Post
Sounds amazing. We're doing the West Coast this August (for the first time), but not doing Hawaii or Vegas - so I look forward to your report of those places to decide if they should feature in a future trip . We are doing San Francisco, Yosemite, LA, San Diego and Anaheim, so didn't want to squash in anything more!

Look forward to hearing more

Suzy
We absolutely adored the west coast! I was in truth very nervous before we went in case it didn't match up to our WDW holidays, but it beyond exceeded them, and that's why we are going back!
We did San Francisco, LA, Vegas & Disneyland on our last trip so doing some of the same, and some different next time! Eep!
Your trip sounds fab, I hope you leave your heart over there too!

Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
Sounds like a great trip to celebrate turning 30. Have always enjoyed reading your trippies.

We are going back to the West Coast in October to celebrate DD and her BF turning 21 so they can legally drink and gamble this time . Fitting in San Diego this time too can't wait.
Thanks for reading along with my previous ramblings!
Enjoy your trip!

Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
Wow...great trip and almost exactly what we're doing the same month!
We are doing September 2016 too...LA/Anaheim then Hawaii, then San Francisco ending up in Vegas. Hoping to fly into LAX and out of Vegas with Thomas Cook as we loved them so much when we flew from Vegas with them last week xx
We did San Fran in 2016 though I have been toying with the idea of abandoning San Diego in favour of returning to San Fran as there were things we didn't do but then my other side is saying, no, do something new! We definitely can't do them both and I know DH will prefer to visit San Diego. You're lucky to be able to use Thomas Cook, we're down in Bournemouth so Manchester is a bit far to travel really! Shame though! Look forward to hearing more about your plans!

Originally Posted by sweetemotion View Post
I'm excited to here more about your plans! I've loved reading your previous trip reports. Hawaii has been one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to, the North Shore is far different to the tourist areas of Waikiki. You get to see the island for what it really is and I would highly recommend a visit to Laniakea Beach, it's where the sea turtles come to bask in the sun. There isn't much parking though in that area, I think they want the least amount of tourists there as possible. There is always a volunteer somewhere on the beach usually, keeping an eye on them Are you planning on hiking diamond head? I didn't manage to do this due to heavy rain but I wished I had just done it now. I enjoyed saying "Aloha" and "Mahalo" every day too haha

Edited to add: There us a luau within walking distance of Aulani, paradise cove is the one I went to and it was amazing. Our guide learned everyones name on the bus within about 15 minutes. He was amazing all the way through. And Aulani is simply amazing!
I loved your trippie! Any chance you could finish it off?
Yes Laniakea is on the list of bits to squeeze in, I need to get my head down into the detailed planning now! Yes, we're planning to hike Diamond Head, weather permitting of course! Oh yes, I can't wait to say 'Aloha' over and over again!

I'm hopeful we can get into Aulani but depends on price/DVC points availability. I have seen some great reviews about Paradise Cove luau, but also about Germain's...they all offer something different! Choices choices!

Thanks for reading along!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 15, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Hi Natsy, we are about a 2.5/3hr drive from Manchester but our local airport Newcastle doesn't have the range of choices of flights/destinations so we nearly always fly from Manchester. We would love to do San Diego but DH's favourite place is Vegas so we've left it out in order to go back there for 5nts at the end. (Gives us a reason to go back!)
Plans so far are: 2nts LA to see Universal and Hollywood, 3nts Anaheim for Disney, 5nts Hawaii with the only definite being an 8-hr Hummer Tour of Lost filming locations (huge Lost fan/geek! Lol!) This also takes us to the Dole plantation. 3-4nts San Francisco to see Alcatraz and the Pier then 5nts Vegas. We'd thought about doing Red Rock/Hoover Dam but we love our time on the strip too much! I've done Grand Canyon/Yosemite before and DH has no desire to go! There's just so many this to see! Looking forward to hearing all about your plans too...might give us some new ideas
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 15, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
nicki2014
slightly serious Dibber

hiya nat, your vegas plans are the same as ours plus we want to see rock of ages (well I do and I'm 30 next year so I win haha) and beatles love, and I want to raft down Colorado river as well as helicopter over grand canyon, priced it all up last night and its like £1450 for the vegas attractions ouch hoping I have over budgeted for flights and hotels to claw some pennies back! I am the same as you, work to pay for holidays, we got engaged in MK in 2010 and had a wishes wedding last year, I'm debating whether to ditch San Fran for Hawaii now but I don't think 3 nights is enough and I haven't been to SF before so maybe save Hawaii for next time (also missing out on Yosemite and San Diego too )

COMPLETE-DLP 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, DLR, CA- 2007, WDW- offsite 2008, offsite 2009, SSR 2010, SSR 2012, SSR/ GF/ HRH 2014, SSR 2015, MA/ NYC/ NJ- 2015
nicki2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 15, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Hey Lovely, I brought tickets for Boyz II Men in February of last year for the first week of September xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List