Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 May 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Originally Posted by BigTimWelsh View Post
Thanks Lynne! Booking.com has been one of my search sites.
This is the place we stayed

booking/Share-dNCdUBo

It was perfect
lynne6705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BigTimWelsh View Post
I’m planning on breaking the trip at bishop or lone pine so the travel to LV is, say 4ish hours then dive in the pool once checked in.

But I guess that’s still a fair trek to only stay the 2 nights, see the strip and head off to LA (and another 5 hour drive).
I wouldn’t rely too much on the journey times given on maps etc. We made that mistake and many dibbers warned me. The last few mikes into Vegas took a couple of hours and likewise with LA
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
lindasarahlou
slightly serious Dibber

We did the trip in reverse last October and stayed at the Creekside Inn at Bishop, was a lovely place to sit out during the evening. Dinner was recommended at the bowling alley next door which was good, and be sure to stop at Schatts Bakery, lovely breads and cakes. It is a long drive but we found driving through death valley well worth it.
90 Orlando/Clearwater; 92 Orlando/Daytona,Ft Laud, Keys, Everglades, Naples/Clearwater 95 Cedar Point, Niagara, Orlando 02 (now with kids!) DLP Santa Fe 04 Lindfields 07 Doral Woods/Daytona 500; 07 Sanctuary Westhaven; 10 Calabay Parc; 13 Highlands Reserve 15 DC, Smokies Coasters Cumbrian Lakes 16 Toronto Cedar Point Niagara + coasters 17 Highlands Reserve 18 NY 18 Vegas & Canyons 19 West Stonebridge 23 California Coasters
lindasarahlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

We stayed in the Tangerine in Burbank and it was great! We didn’t use our car as we just used Uber. It was cheaper to do that rather than paying universal parking charge. If you are doing WB Studio tour you can walk from this motel.
We drove from LA to Vegas if I went again I would get an internal flight so cheap but I’m glad we did it(didn’t do Death Valley tho)
Happy planning
Old 15 May 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc_Chris
slightly serious Dibber

We drove from Yosemite to LA last October, with an overnight at Lone Pine. If we did it again we'd stop at Bishop instead, bigger than LP and therefore more choice of restaurants etc.
As somebody else said, the drive down the 395 is spectacular, as is Tioga Pass.
Whatever you decide, it's a long drive but well worth it.
Jul '95: Kissimmee/Keys Oct '96/Oct '97/Aug '05/Oct '07: Kissimmee. May '98: Kissimmee Oct '01: RotondaOct 2012:Kissimmee/Anna Maria IslandSep '14: Davenport/RotondaOct '16: Cape Coral/Spring Hill Sep '17: Kissimmee/Rotonda Oct ‘18: Oregon/California Sep ‘19: Highlands Reserve/Bradenton Feb '22: Sunridge Woods Oct '23: New England Road Trip
Manc_Chris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

If you're staying in Burbank then I recommend you eat at the Gordon Biersch Brewery. Fabulous food (garlic fries!) and it has a special beer menu if you like your beer. We stayed at the hotel opp either Holiday Inn or Hilton...
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List