Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 May 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We did one of these type of trips and loved it!

We were in our 30's at the time and were by far the youngest on the coach.

Main advantage for us was no driving. Yes the pace is fact, but that suited us, we got to see alot. We just did research and if we didn't want to go with the group at stops we did our own thing.

I can see why it won't work for everyone , but we enjoyed it.

We went with Cosmos and Jetsave.

V

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Majik
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by LostGirl View Post
We did one of these type of trips and loved it!

We were in our 30's at the time and were by far the youngest on the coach.

Main advantage for us was no driving. Yes the pace is fact, but that suited us, we got to see alot. We just did research and if we didn't want to go with the group at stops we did our own thing.

I can see why it won't work for everyone , but we enjoyed it.

We went with Cosmos and Jetsave.

V
Thank you that is good to know. Will take a look.

Beautiful views from our 3 bedroom villa at
Hunters Creek
www.villas4orlandoflorida.com

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/villa-search.php?a=405
Majik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Alidoll
Chilling at Carribean Beach

I’ve done a couple of coach tours including one that took Arizona, Utah, California etc and found it a great way to see a lot of the area in a short period of time. We used Cosmos flying from Edinburgh via Heathrow to LA. Hotel was out in Pasadena but had a day trip to both Disneyland and Universal Studios. Took in Flagstaff, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Palm Springs and San Diego (though not necessarily in that order). We then added an extension to SAN Francisco for a couple of nights. It was about 20 yrs ago now mind you but hotels we good and the tour director informative. Yes there was a few early mornings but nothing crazy - earliest was 6am as we’d booked a helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon and had to get to the helipad for the safety brief for 8am. That was utterly amazing as I managed to bag the seat next to the pilot so had the best view (the glass window extended below my feet so flying over the rim was awesome).

I’d definitely recommend a coach tour if you don’t want to drive the distances, everyone on the tour was really friendly - we were the youngest on the tour at the time but it was a mixed group.

There was 2 couples from Birmingham UK that had us in stitches, they complained about everything - too hot, too windy, hotel bed too big. Well, arrived in Palm Springs and they put the luggage out on the law to be taken to each of the rooms. Unfortunately someone then turned on the sprinklers so the cases got soaked. You’d have thought it was the end of the world the way they went on about it. Tour director said “hey, it’s warm so will dry in next to no time”. They wanted to put in an official complaint about his comment!

We get to Sam Diego..tour guide explains there’s an extra tour down to Tijuana. Costs £40pp for the day and includes lunch. They ask if you can go yourself so the guy says “he, but make sure you have your passport for coming back”

Two days later sitting in the cafe in the hotel, tour guide comes up laughing. Said “did you hear about our Brummie friends?”. Seemingly they got the bus down to Tijuana, hated it so much they wanted to come straight back. Arrived at the border and the official was like “passport” - they hadn’t packed them. Official “well, you can’t come into the US then”. They then started shouting “we’re from Birmingham don’t you know”. Official not impressed and still won’t let them in. Tour guide gets a frantic call at 3pm saying “they won’t let us back into the US! ”. He then had to get the hotel to let him go into their rooms to find their passports then travel to the border so they could get back into the US. Needless to say, they were as quiet as mice for the rest of the tour and didn’t put their complaint in (as far as I know).

The tour guide did say he waited 3 hours before heading to the border though as he was “finishing his lunch” 😂 revenge is a dish best served Tijuana style lol!
Alidoll is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

Ali doll - that’s hilarious! The minute you said Tijuana I thought “uh-oh” I knew they’d hate it and something would go wrong 😆
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Majik
slightly serious Dibber

Alidoll thank you so much for the information and also for making me laugh.

Beautiful views from our 3 bedroom villa at
Hunters Creek
www.villas4orlandoflorida.com

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/villa-search.php?a=405
Majik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List