Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Aug 17, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
charly77
Very Serious Dibber

Sounds like you had a fab time. A shame about the WB tour, we were very lucky and had a great guide. I too, like you am not a fan of outdoor living but I would go back to Yosemite in a heartbeat! Looking forward to your trippie!
charly77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Sounds like a fantastic trip, glad you enjoyed it
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Looks like you had a great trip - we are also off to the West Coast at the end of the month. Fingers crossed we don't get the same WB Studio guide!

We visited Vancouver in 2015 and had a fantastic time there - thoroughly enjoyed it. I did a trip report under "East and West is Best Take 2" if you want to get an idea of what there is to do there.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Enjoyed reading. Glad you enjoyed and had a great time. We are set to stay at the Argonaut from Thursday. We've splurged on a suite as an Anniversary treat, so hope it's worth the money
Old 13 Aug 17, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
skellei
Trying for More Ears

Agree regarding Griffith Observatory - we only went to see the Hollywood Sign but were very surprised at just good the observatory was. Trouble was that we had only planned on spending a hour or so there ... its a good excuse to go again
skellei is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Glad you had a great trip, Jo and that the highs outweighed the lows
Old 13 Aug 17, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post
So glad you had a great time. We are off in two weeks and can't wait. Few more miles this time but if you want to see the country that's what you have to do!

That is for the post!
We didn't actually mind the driving at all - think it was because there is so much to look at on the way.

Have a lovely holiday!

Originally Posted by Vikkicat View Post
wow! looks like an amazing trip, thanks for sharing
It was fantastic. It's just a shame it's over.

Originally Posted by orlandolover04 View Post
What a great trip. Thanks for sharing with us.
Thanks. Have to read about everyone else's trip now to help relive mine!

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Glad you had such a great time Jo!

I can gelp with Vancouver and Whistler but it has been 19 years since I went to rhe Rockies!
Thanks Mel. Don't you worry, I'll be calling on your expertise!

Originally Posted by MarionG View Post
Sounds like a wonderful trip.
We did the Rockies and Vancouver in 2008. Basically we flew into Calgary and stayed a couple of days, then drove to Banff for a week. Then drove to Jasper for a few days before dropping off the hire car and getting the Rocky Mountaineer train to Vancouver. Stayed in Vancouver for 5 days (I think as this is from memory!) Did Whale watching there, amazing. We then picked up a hire car (well a Yukon actually) and drove back to Calgary over 2 days to fly home. Stunning scenery and if funds were unlimited I would return in a heartbeat.
Sounds amazing! I could be asking you a few questions once I start planning.

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Yosemite is fantastic, agreed!
Oh, I could have spent ages there. Would never tire of those views.

Originally Posted by tinkerbelll View Post
Sounds a great trip. Totally agree with Yosemite being best part of our trip too. You'll be back on Skyscanner soon. Let us know if you find any good deals.
Yosemite was such a Wow moment for us. Looking for good deals is my excuse to Dibb every day - it's helped us so many times in the past.

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Glad you had a good trip.

I've done Warner and loved it but I can see a bad guide would make it far less interesting, Ours was really good and made it interesting.

LA traffic yep its a nightmare ..
We saw some fellow guides while we were at WB, and could hear them with their groups more than ours. In fact, it was through them I heard bits about the Big Bang Theory.

And as for the traffic, it has to be seen to be believed.

Originally Posted by UncleLatch View Post
^^Have to agree with this. I suppose a guide, good or bad, can make all the difference to tours like Warner Bros. We were lucky, ours was excellent and we really enjoyed it, but I can easily see how a bad one could ruin the experience.
Don't get me wrong, we still enjoyed it, but just felt it could have been even better. I think she was just a bit inexperienced.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by charly77 View Post
Sounds like you had a fab time. A shame about the WB tour, we were very lucky and had a great guide. I too, like you am not a fan of outdoor living but I would go back to Yosemite in a heartbeat! Looking forward to your trippie!
Thanks. Need to get a move on with my trippie. Hopefully will get it started in the next couple of days.

Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
Sounds like a fantastic trip, glad you enjoyed it
It was fantastic. So glad all the planning paid off.

Originally Posted by tonymc View Post
Looks like you had a great trip - we are also off to the West Coast at the end of the month. Fingers crossed we don't get the same WB Studio guide!

We visited Vancouver in 2015 and had a fantastic time there - thoroughly enjoyed it. I did a trip report under "East and West is Best Take 2" if you want to get an idea of what there is to do there.
There were so many guides, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Will check out your trippie for Vancouver.

Originally Posted by tinytots View Post
Enjoyed reading. Glad you enjoyed and had a great time. We are set to stay at the Argonaut from Thursday. We've splurged on a suite as an Anniversary treat, so hope it's worth the money
I'm sure you'll love the Argonaut and a suite will be just lovely.

Originally Posted by skellei View Post
Agree regarding Griffith Observatory - we only went to see the Hollywood Sign but were very surprised at just good the observatory was. Trouble was that we had only planned on spending a hour or so there ... its a good excuse to go again
Yes, we were definitely there for much longer than an hour.

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
Glad you had a great trip, Jo and that the highs outweighed the lows
If I'm honest, the lows were me being picky and we still loved it all. Hope you're still having a fab time out there? Typically, San Francisco was really warm the afternoon we left, with lovely blue sky. The Golden Gate bridge was still covered in fog though!
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 04:15 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Yes thanks. Just had pizza and enjoying a beer in Half Dome Village. Off to Lone Pine in AM.
Old 14 Aug 17, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Not too many lows there. Glad you had a great trip, and another convincing me I must return to see Yosemite.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List