Notices

Old 25 Jul 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joosebug1987 View Post
Ahh thinks are ticking along nicely! Love the autograph book and coin book - so cute and such a lovely keepsake! I bet you can't wait :-) x
The excitement is getting out of control now, it seems since hitting double digits the time is flying by!

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
And I'm all caught up! So excited about the Hard Rock news. £290! That's such an increase. It's a real pig about the Hogwarts Express and the sting of the park to park tickets, isn't it? I guess they've got to pay for Volcano Bay somehow - do you think you'll visit there?

Glad all the bits are coming together and lovely things for Charlie too. The next two months are going to fly by! I am so excited for you!
Crazy price for HRH, when you add in the cost of the park tickets and parking it sure makes for an expensive couple of days! But you can't put a price on memories right?!

No plans to go to any water parks on this trip, the villa complex has a great pool area so hoping that will be a good enough substitute! (There is a bar that serves cocktails... that's me sold! )
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Villa paid off and the last park tickets sorted!

Well we seem to have ticked off a fair few things in the past week so I thought it was worth an update!

So firstly, the outstanding balance on the villa has been paid! Annoyingly due to the rubbish exchange rate this ended up costing us a bit more than we originally budgeted for but hey, one of those things that is out of our control! Nice to know it is all sorted and we now have all the details in our possession (including the full address and access details) which makes me feel much happier! I have spent a lot of time since looking it up on Google maps... I am so excited for this pool area, Charlie is going to be in his element (he is an absolute water baby!)

Next up... Seaworld tickets are sorted! Thanks to a post from a lovely fellow Dibber we got a great deal on these, booking through Expedia and using a 25% off discount code. We have also bought Quick Queue for the bargain price of £16 each. We thought given there will be quite a few bigger rides that Charlie won't be able to go on this will allow us to nip on and off them pretty quickly! It does also include attractions he can go on such as Antartica: Emperor of the Penguin... I can't wait to see his reaction to this (to both the penguins and the cold! )

A quick trip down memory lane to our visit back in 2016...

We have also reserved a table at Shark's Underwater Grill for lunch. We visited here on our last trip so were keen to come back with Joan, John and Charlie... at the very least that huge fish tank will keep Charlie entertained whilst we eat!

Along with Seaworld, we have also sorted KSC tickets. I found the cheapest place was Orlando Attractions which also had the benefit that they are real gate-ready tickets with no set date. This will be our third trip out to KSC, we always have such a fab day there so I'm really looking forward to this one... and yes Rach, I am going to brave the blue slides this time!

One last update... we managed to change our Garden Grill breakfast reservation to an earlier time! On releasing at 180 days out the earliest slot we could get was 9:40... since then I have changed to 9:30 then to 8:55 and now to 8:35... much better!

So that pretty much means other than spending money everything is paid up and sorted! Now I am eagerly awaiting FP booking at the end of the month... wish me luck on that one, I will of course update when they are done!

Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Eeeep such an exciting update! Feels so good when everything is paid for!

Great bargain on the Seaworld quick queue tickets! Will be so handy for the grown ups! Brrrrr I can still feel the coldness of that penguin bit (and smell it hahahahaha).

I can’t wait to see evidence of you on the slide. Please ask Paul to video this momentous occasion

Great update xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Eeeep such an exciting update! Feels so good when everything is paid for!

Great bargain on the Seaworld quick queue tickets! Will be so handy for the grown ups! Brrrrr I can still feel the coldness of that penguin bit (and smell it hahahahaha).

I can’t wait to see evidence of you on the slide. Please ask Paul to video this momentous occasion

Great update xxx
I can assure you that there will be photo/video evidence of me going down the slide... you totally won't believe me otherwise!
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
All caught up. Excited for you!

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
I can assure you that there will be photo/video evidence of me going down the slide... you totally won't believe me otherwise!
This. 100%.

So exciting! I can't believe how quickly it is all coming around! Great feeling when it's all paid off. Yay!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
All caught up. Excited for you!

M x
Thank you so much for keeping up with my ramblings!

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
This. 100%.

So exciting! I can't believe how quickly it is all coming around! Great feeling when it's all paid off. Yay!
Bah I wish I hadn't mentioned that blooming slide now... I'm starting to get nervous!
Old 11 Sep 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

FPs done and a few other bits and bobs!

Today I booked the last of our FPs so I thought it was as good a time as any for an update (does anyone else feel sad planning their last day?! Horrible to think about how you will end the trip before even starting it!)

But that aside they are all done and I am pretty happy with how it went. I will be honest, I found it harder this time around than on any previous trips. I am not sure if that’s down to having to be more fixed on the times we wanted as we are planning more half days this time around or if there are just less available at the 30 day mark now given the increase in hotels and more on-site guests booking at 60 days out. We of course haven’t been able to secure any for FoP or 7DMT (as I totally expected) but thanks to the Dibb FP availability tool I was able to grab some for slinky dog! They were available on the evening of the day we are at Seaworld so the plan will now be to stop by DHS after leaving there. I could only manage to get 2 so I am hoping we will be able to use child swap to get us all on but if not I am happy to sacrifice my place and then will let the other 3 fight among themselves! I will of course be checking in to MDE regularly to see if there is anything else I can pick up before we arrive!

In other news… we added one more ADR to the list! This one is for Oga’s Cantina in Galaxy’s Edge. When the reservations opened up last month I thought I would have a look to see if any slots were available on one of the days knew we would be at DHS and when I saw one for late afternoon I immediately snapped it up! From what I have read it isn’t the most child friendly place and only offers drinks and very limited snacks but at the very least it ensures us entry to have a look around which was all I wanted as John is a huge Star Wars fan so he over the moon when I broke the news to him! Although if current wait times are anything to go by I think it might actually be less manic that I had been fearing…

In other good news… we finally managed to get a better price on the Gatwick North Premier Inn! We originally had the flexible rate booked at £98 but a few weeks back the saver rate finally dipped down so we snapped it up at £72.50, much better…. My perseverance paid off!

Next up… Paul now has a Landry’s card! I already have one from previous trips but with my May (wink wink) birthday… so I signed up Paul with his September (wink wink) birthday so we now have that loaded with the $25 joining bonus and the $25 birthday bonus to be used by the 15th October (we have 3 Landry’s restaurants on our list so will definitely use these up!) and to be honest just for the priority seating alone they are worth getting!

Lastly, I think we are now sorted with Charlie’s in-flight entertainment! Surely this has to be enough to keep him entertained?! We will also have the iPad and a truck load of snacks. We have bought him some kiddie headphones which we must trial before going, I am suspecting that he will be somewhat unimpressed by them! If you think I am missing anything obvious here please do shout!

So I think that pretty much gets us up to date. I changed up the first batch of dollars today (I had some birthday money that I have been saving). I had been holding out for the exchange rate to pick up and once it got past the 1.20 mark I thought I might as well take the plunge! We will do the rest of our spends over the next couple of weeks before heading off.

Ah look at that countdown… single digit dance is fast approaching now! Excited!

Old 11 Sep 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Fab update and well done on getting Slinky! I'm trying hard for FOP but with no luck.

Love Charlie's plane entertainment stack. I definitely need to get more for Edith asap!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Buffton
Apprentice Imagineer

So exciting! Not long to go! I’ve just bought a few more things for Ollie’s back pack and then I’m done! No more! But...what are the little boxes top right?!

Thinking about getting another laundry’s card for John!
Lizzie x
Buffton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List