Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 May 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Question Universal Quick Service Dining Plan

Has anyone done this or have any opinions or views on it? We are going to spending a couple of full days at universal and islands of adventure and was wondering if it's worth it?
Thanks
Louise

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 02:41 AM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We purchased it along with our 2day tickets last year. We found it okay but the purchase of the refillable mug is separate each day so that’s cost on top. For us, I’m not sure it worked out any cheaper than paying oop. We’ll likely just pay oop this year.
Old 22 May 19, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Donald 1983
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We looked into it for upcoming trip but it didn’t work out any cheaper for us, so we are paying OOP. It also gives us the freedom to try off site restaurants.
Big Donald 1983 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Never done it, but from previous threads I have seen, collective dibb wisdom seems to be that it is not worth it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We’ve done it a couple of times. The first time we pre purchased it and got the one where the Coke Freestyle mug is included. This was good value as we had breakfasts at the Leaky Cauldron. Here’s a link to my dining report.
We next bought it when we had an annual pass and got it buy one get one half price. That time we didn’t get good value from it due to restaurant choice, even at BOGO 50% off. You do need to eat one of the more expensive main courses to break even. What doesn’t help is that I find Universal QS food pretty awful so tend to eat at Citywalk.
What I would say is if you plan on eating at either of the Harry Potter places then it’s worth it as they are expensive.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

The only time I've done it was when they offered a generous AP discount on it, which did make it good value (good, not great) I wouldn't pay full price for it, you're better off paying as you go.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
It’s not worth it unless you are having one of the dearest Harry Potter meals and then you just save a dollar or two. It is worth it for children doing the Harry Potter breakfast as the cost of the kids plan and the meal are similar so a snack eg a big pink donut and a drink for free. You can buy it at the till if it’s going to worth your while.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks guys we will probably swerve it then 👍🏻

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Amy27
Earning My Ears

Mobile

As already mentioned, you can buy it at the till if you’re ordering an entree that will make it worth your while. No need to order in advance.

However, although we did save about $1 (ate at leaky cauldron) I wouldn’t bother again as I found the cards to be a pain. Each dining plan purchase is on a separate card, I ended up with a fistful of cards, unsure what was left on each. If you think you may use the dining plan, pack a sharpie to make a note on the card of what credits are left.
Amy27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List