Notices

Old 17 Aug 11, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Funkymoover
VIP Dibber

Woods first family holiday with a plane flight!

Hi,

New here but off on holiday on the weekend

Introductions first

I'm Luce, I'm 36, would love to go back to Florida this year but kids just that bit too small and funds just that bit too low! We last went in 2005 so I'm suffering serious withdrawal symptoms (now I've found this place I spend a lot of time here just reading other peoples trip reports so I can relive the magic!) so happy we are going back next year, but that's a whole other trip report.

MrFM, is Graham, also 36, he's a bit of a grumpy old man at times, but he's my grumpy old man works about an hour from home so spends a lot of time travelling

Daniel, son, he's just turned 6, definite gadget kid, has technology separation issues ( if he's playing a game it will take ages to get him off the wii or ds) but he also loves reading which I'm happy about

Katie, daughter, will be 5 in a couple of weeks, can talk for England and a bit of a stroppy mare at times but loves her dolls and Redford, frequently has tea parties for them with granny!

That's it just the 4 of us for this one!

The holiday
1 week in an apartment in Salou (Cye Salou apartments)
Last years holiday was a wash out, a week in a haven caravan in north wales in the rain is not my ideal way to use up my vacation! It was lovely to get away and see a different bit of Britain but I vowed that this year I would be getting some guaranteed sun! Booked through the local travel agent an air tours package, I have to admit I have done very little planning for this, it's booked and paid for, I know it is near the port aventura park but mrFM thinks the kids are too small to justify the cost of going there (we will probably go to the water park though)

Main thing for this holiday was to get some sun, and get the kids used to getting a flight and hanging around at airports! Ready for next years big holiday to Florida with the rest of the family.

Plan so far is

Sat 20th Aug - travel to gatwick, to stay overnight can't remember what hotel and at the moment I can't find a confirmation, slight panic...
Sun 21st - morning flight to Reus, transfer to apartment, relax

Continue in this way relaxing and going to the beach/pool until we fly home on sun 28th

It's a plan anyway!

Hope you are all having lovely holidays
May 2012 villa in Windsor Hills
August 2015- Windsor Hills again July/August 2020 - we missed out but new countdown is on for July 23!
Funkymoover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 11, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Apprentice Imagineer

1612's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 123
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Funkymoover View Post
Hi,

New here but off on holiday on the weekend

Introductions first

I'm Luce, I'm 36, would love to go back to Florida this year but kids just that bit too small and funds just that bit too low! We last went in 2005 so I'm suffering serious withdrawal symptoms (now I've found this place I spend a lot of time here just reading other peoples trip reports so I can relive the magic!) so happy we are going back next year, but that's a whole other trip report.

MrFM, is Graham, also 36, he's a bit of a grumpy old man at times, but he's my grumpy old man works about an hour from home so spends a lot of time travelling

Daniel, son, he's just turned 6, definite gadget kid, has technology separation issues ( if he's playing a game it will take ages to get him off the wii or ds) but he also loves reading which I'm happy about

Katie, daughter, will be 5 in a couple of weeks, can talk for England and a bit of a stroppy mare at times but loves her dolls and Redford, frequently has tea parties for them with granny!

That's it just the 4 of us for this one!

The holiday
1 week in an apartment in Salou (Cye Salou apartments)
Last years holiday was a wash out, a week in a haven caravan in north wales in the rain is not my ideal way to use up my vacation! It was lovely to get away and see a different bit of Britain but I vowed that this year I would be getting some guaranteed sun! Booked through the local travel agent an air tours package, I have to admit I have done very little planning for this, it's booked and paid for, I know it is near the port aventura park but mrFM thinks the kids are too small to justify the cost of going there (we will probably go to the water park though)

Main thing for this holiday was to get some sun, and get the kids used to getting a flight and hanging around at airports! Ready for next years big holiday to Florida with the rest of the family.

Plan so far is

Sat 20th Aug - travel to gatwick, to stay overnight can't remember what hotel and at the moment I can't find a confirmation, slight panic...
Sun 21st - morning flight to Reus, transfer to apartment, relax

Continue in this way relaxing and going to the beach/pool until we fly home on sun 28th

It's a plan anyway!

Hope you are all having lovely holidays
you sound really excited

The Clarke Family. Holidaying at Disney every year since 2000!
1612 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 11, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Funkymoover
VIP Dibber

I'm working up to it!

I've had a mental couple of months at work, working a lot more than I normally do so it will be nice to just switch off for a week finish work today so can get properly excited now

May 2012 villa in Windsor Hills
August 2015- Windsor Hills again July/August 2020 - we missed out but new countdown is on for July 23!
Funkymoover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 11, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List