Notices

Old 16 Apr 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsd08/10
Imagineer

eat breath sleep disney tour

As you can see by my countdown I am nearly on my way,
I have kept diaries for each trip but never did anything with them. But this trip I have been waiting for since December 2014
It is also the only reason I am not throwing myself off a bridge at turning 40 this weekend..

I decided years ago that I wanted a final blow out at Disney, and this would be the ultimate experience staying onsite with disney dining but that needed serious cash so needed to be some time away.
i decided my 40th was the perfect time for this, Georgia (dd1) would be 18 a few weeks after my 40th and sure Hannah (dd2) would be 13 the month after that again.. its the perfect EXCUSE

this idea was in motion before the spur of the moment trip in December 2014 where it was made abundantly clear that DH HATES disney so during that trip i told him he can't come on this holiday, it would be ruined.

i decided i just couldn't be with a man who did not LOVE disney so i left him ah no disney was not the reason we are separated but we are a few years now

so it is just me and my two girls on our birthday trip with no disney haters, it will be awesome.

so a little history of how i managed to wait 5 years
well every year in April I would do a mock booking on the disney website of the hotels and dining plan.
from our visits and every now again dipping back in to Dibb and reading trip reports and keeping up news i had my adr list picked

I knew i wanted to go the 1st of June in order to be there for Hannah's 13th birthday and its the first year they would both be off school in june.

i decided on PORS after reading many trip reports and making sure this was a resort i would be able to afford and would throughly enjoy.

myself and my two girls and my friend and her kids went to DLP in Oct 2016 .. it was Meh.. never to be repeated.. this just made the wait to WDW feel even longer

discussions were had .. would you rather wait 3 years for florida or go to DLP every few years
eh there was no discussion needed the 3 of us decided we would not go to DLP unless we were passing by and it would be rude not to pop in.

so finally the 19th of April 2018 hit and i could book disney, but of course the school decided that DD2 confirmation should be on that day..

i actually dont know if i tried online but i have the recollection that it crashed
went to dibb they were saying call
so in the middle of the ceremony (2 hours long) off i go to the loo in the church with my phone to try and book the damn thing.. no luck can't get through on phone or on the website

finally after the service and the photoshoot we sit down for a break in a hotel before meeting with friends and family and its all hands on deck.. all phones on the go, one reloading the website and one on the phone.. well finally DD1 says.. Im in.. i nearly wet myself
two fold total excitement and oh ≈≈≈≈ this is a lot of money i am committing to spending

regardless of all that had transpired since the plan was hatched i was doing it..

a friend suggested the money might be better spent on legal representation for the divorce.. needless to say she got a slap and i barely talk to her

so the ORIGINAL plan was 7 nights
we'd been a few times, new what to expect, we could hit the ground running
but the disney had 14 days for the price of 7 on the tickets

a quick calculation showed me if i ditched one night in the hotel that pretty much covered the cost of a villa for the 2nd week..

I just knew i would be crying leaving knowing i had 7 days more access to the parks.. nope couldn't do it

so this is what we have
1st of June 6 nights on DDP (upgraded from QS)
in this beauty

i wont lie the first casts member that says "welcome home" may well be greeted by a lot of crying of pure joy that i actually pulled this holiday off and that we are there.

then its off to the villa for 7 nights
I cannot wait for this either as I am so excited to have a private pool and go shopping in publix and enjoy in abundance all my favourite american foods which btw are mainly total junk food
publix cookies
ben n jerrys chocolate therapy
cheetoos
publix hot chicken can't wait
2014 Dec Clarion Inn LBV
2019 June POR and Formosa villa

Edited at 12:17 PM.
mrsd08/10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great pre-trippy, following along. 😃

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsd08/10
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Great pre-trippy, following along. 😃

Kat
ahh thanks Kat11

i had to stop as the villa pics will not load on my computer might try on my phone..
2014 Dec Clarion Inn LBV
mrsd08/10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsd08/10
Imagineer

update

formosalakeside/

this is the link to the villa as try as a i may i cannot get a picture to upload
as you can see from the coutdown we are 14 days +hours to go

May is going sooo slow..

so like any disney planner i'm assuming the waking up during the night worrying have i enough money thing is normal

here is my budget

$50 a day while on DDP
and $175 a day when in villa
$150 for the publix shop
travel days €100 each
and then around $800 for shopping in outlets etc..

the girls will have their own spending money for merch and clothes

I plan on using the $200 gift card for tips for TS meals - on my calculation at 20% tipping x amount of TS meals I may have a few $ left on that too.

I booked my last fastpasses on tuesday so the planner is finalised now and printed off

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/plan...8138&ck=936f48

I have a booked a surprise for the girls and myself that the night before we go we get disney themed nails done

I have also ordered themed tshirts
I have been wanting to do it but over the 5 years I got a no from Georgia and then I read a trippy titled something about can I get my family to wear matching tshirts
and so I decided to try again and I got a yes this time

so I have ordered 3 matching Disney tshirts -
and one birthday one for hannah.
after paying mad postage on the 1st set, I got the others sent to the hotel

I am over month waiting on the one set of tees and my minnie ears we ordered
i am getting very very anxious that they will not arrive on time now.

minnie ear choices are-
me - stained glass from beauty and beast
Georgia - lilo and stitch
Hannah - 101 dalmation

we have our matching carry on minnie suitcases - thanks to pennys
holiday clothes are all bought and ready to go

only thing left is to check in for our flight at 24 hours which feels like it will never come
2014 Dec Clarion Inn LBV
Old 24 May 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsd08/10
Imagineer

countdown

OMG the excitement levels I am at are that of a toddler waiting on santa

the Buzz is unreal and this is why going to Florida on a Disney holiday is an experience like no other holiday.

so one set out tshirts got stuck in customs and after rowing with the seller for a week i got refunded for them.. not the outcome i wanted but look I have 2 others

the minnie ears are on their way so happy about that

my m&s tshirt almond coloured bra has gone missing also

like what is going on .. however if this is all that happens i will be happy.

got some dollars today too..

going off tomorrow to get the hair done, eyebrow and lashes..
2014 Dec Clarion Inn LBV

Edited at 02:26 PM.
Old 24 May 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Making my excited just reading about you being excited lol 😂
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List