Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jun 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

My answer is usually to call back and speak to someone different, be polite and understanding but assertive and tell them you’d like an update, and yourll wait on the phone. I’d say the stores themselves can’t usually help, as it will be a company they outsource to, but Definitely call customer services and get them to help in your corner - if they are involved they may be able to help get you a replacement for what gone wrong.
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
till
slightly serious Dibber

thanks everyone, still no news so DH is going to ring again today, i would not be happy if they refunded us but less the 12 months we have had it that doesnt seem fair, thanks again
till is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Snipped...

Hope you get a resolution.
Being a bit of a geek I will ask if the text in bold was an intentional pun
Old 18 Jun 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
The OP has a standard warranty, yes, JL offers 24 months warranty on large electrical appliances; however, their warranty at no extra cost on all TVs is 5 years.
Under EU rule 1999/44/EC it has a 2 year warranty anyway which is what JL adhere too. Its just that some retailers make this process harder than others hiding behind the UK sale of goods act.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by till View Post
thanks everyone, still no news
John Lewis refunded our purchase in full.
JL took our Samsung TV to an 'authorised service centre' which had difficulty sourcing a component unique to that make and model.
It was the service company that gave us a loan TV (only 32" but appreciated) not JL.
The same service company carries out repairs for Richer Sounds.
JL replaced our original Samsung without any fuss when it went faulty for the same fault after a few months with the same model.
The Samsung guarantee was one year, the additional four years to be covered by JL.
Initially JL would not replace our replacement because it was over one year old, so we accepted it would be repaired.
JL refunded us when we complained because of the delay sourcing the parts, it was more than a month.

We couldn't really fault John Lewis and would definitely buy from them again.

After we found out the authorised service agent did repairs for Richer Sounds we bought our next TV from RS because it had a six year guarantee, rather than five years at JL. RS were also £30 cheaper. We didn't see any point going through the JL Price Match process, because RS were cheaper, a longer guarantee, and the same service agent would be looking after us.

We didn't want another Samsung. The repairman told us Panasonic were the best for spares. Although he also told us inside their TV was mostly LG.

I'm guessing that's why JL couldn't tell you where your TV is, and you had mixed messages asking about a loan set. Your TV is probably with a separate company.

Good luck resolving this. I'm sure John Lewis will look after you.

Try Facebook.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
till
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
John Lewis refunded our purchase in full.
JL took our Samsung TV to an 'authorised service centre' which had difficulty sourcing a component unique to that make and model.
It was the service company that gave us a loan TV (only 32" but appreciated) not JL.
The same service company carries out repairs for Richer Sounds.
JL replaced our original Samsung without any fuss when it went faulty for the same fault after a few months with the same model.
The Samsung guarantee was one year, the additional four years to be covered by JL.
Initially JL would not replace our replacement because it was over one year old, so we accepted it would be repaired.
JL refunded us when we complained because of the delay sourcing the parts, it was more than a month.

We couldn't really fault John Lewis and would definitely buy from them again.

After we found out the authorised service agent did repairs for Richer Sounds we bought our next TV from RS because it had a six year guarantee, rather than five years at JL. RS were also £30 cheaper. We didn't see any point going through the JL Price Match process, because RS were cheaper, a longer guarantee, and the same service agent would be looking after us.

We didn't want another Samsung. The repairman told us Panasonic were the best for spares. Although he also told us inside their TV was mostly LG.

I'm guessing that's why JL couldn't tell you where your TV is, and you had mixed messages asking about a loan set. Your TV is probably with a separate company.

Good luck resolving this. I'm sure John Lewis will look after you.

Try Facebook.
thank you for posting, we just want to know whats happening its so frustrating them telling us we dont know whats going on, hopefully we get the same great service you had eventually lol, lesson learnt we will never buy toshiba again
till is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
i had massive issues with JL when my laptop broke at 12 months old - my dad had taken out the extra warranty that covered for accidental damage for 3 years tho. They took 2 weeks to decide it wasnt repairable and then offered me 50% of its original value which I refused and asked for a replacement they offered me a much lower spec replacement. I had to point out the warranty was like for like they didnt have anything in stock that was the same spec for the same price so after a lot of back and forth I said I wanted to make a formal complaint - got put through to a manager who apologised and offered me the next spec up which was about £150 more expensive but the closest to the original one

So my point would be keep firm and keep on to them!

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
till
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by pinkspideruk View Post
i had massive issues with JL when my laptop broke at 12 months old - my dad had taken out the extra warranty that covered for accidental damage for 3 years tho. They took 2 weeks to decide it wasnt repairable and then offered me 50% of its original value which I refused and asked for a replacement they offered me a much lower spec replacement. I had to point out the warranty was like for like they didnt have anything in stock that was the same spec for the same price so after a lot of back and forth I said I wanted to make a formal complaint - got put through to a manager who apologised and offered me the next spec up which was about £150 more expensive but the closest to the original one

So my point would be keep firm and keep on to them!
thank you for posting, still no sign of our tv so we will be ringing back again today, wish i had seen all the reviews before we bought the tv as i would have gone elsewhere
Old 19 Jun 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post

My dh used to work for JL on the audio department and he then also used to work for the in house complaints. I’ll check with him, with regards to what you should do.

Edited at 12:41 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Scrap what I said don’t go into store. My dh said the staff will only go and ring the call centre themselves. Sorry.
He did say the TVs are usually taken by 3rd party repair company’s and he said if your tv gets lost, John Lewis will just replace it with a new one. Was it a repair shop that came to pick the tv up, or was it a John Lewis staff and van?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List