Notices

Old 4 Nov 08, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cathran View Post
Oooh I'm so jealous! It looks brilliant. We were meant to go this year for our tenth wedding anniversary, but I had some pretty major surgery and had to cancel it, and haven't replanned yet - don't know if/when we will as the childcare/abandonment might be a problem! Have a fantastic time, especialy that Robinson Crusoe part, it sounds wildly romantic.

Jackie.
Aw Jacks, hope you are feeling much better now and everything is well, I hope you get there in the end. Love and hugs xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 08, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
That is my favourite picture of a water bungalow.
Agreed - it does look gorgeous. The dramatic Sumatran landscape really lends an edge to it all.

eatingasia.typepad/eating...s_weve_be.html

I'd be scared of being tipsy and sleep-walking into the sea!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 08, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Agreed - it does look gorgeous. The dramatic Sumatran landscape really lends an edge to it all.

eatingasia.typepad/eating...s_weve_be.html

I'd be scared of being tipsy and sleep-walking into the sea!
Bozza, I dont know what you are trying to do, but its very very sad.
If I was you I would put all your effort... into YOUR holiday.
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 08, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Hudson
Imagineer

You certainly made the right decision by booking the sea plane.
We went to Kuramathi Island by fast boat... made everyone ill.
I think everyone ended up booking the sea plane for the return journey.
You can get some fantastic views of the atolls as you passover them.
We've been in a helicopter a few times but found the sea plane to be a different experiece.
I've put a few photos in an album. If you click my profile you can view them.
Hudson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 08, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
You certainly made the right decision by booking the sea plane.
We went to Kuramathi Island by fast boat... made everyone ill.
I think everyone ended up booking the sea plane for the return journey.
You can get some fantastic views of the atolls as you passover them.
We've been in a helicopter a few times but found the sea plane to be a different experiece.
I've put a few photos in an album. If you click my profile you can view them.
wonderful, off now to have a peek.

Thanks hun. x
Old 5 Nov 08, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Sounds blissful to me Tracy... can't wait to see all your pics... you'll have a stressfree fortnight with your man... enjoy
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 08, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
Bozza, I dont know what you are trying to do, but its very very sad.
If I was you I would put all your effort... into YOUR holiday.
Eh? I don't know what you think I'm trying to do. Seems we're all confused here.

Anyway, moving on, as posted above - if you guys are active outdoor folk, I'm really interested to hear how you get on. We discounted it after getting bored of lounging around on beaches in Cuba but the Maldives look so beautiful, they do have a 'must do' feel to them.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 08, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
coombsyl
Imagineer

One of my girls at work is in the Maldives as we speak (at the Komando resort?) in a water bungalow. She is such a livewire, I will be interested to hear how she got on with all the relaxing (mind she is on honeymoon so I guess it won't be too much of a problem ).

I must say it looked idyllic when she was showing me the pictures on the website. Unfortunately (or fortunately for me) the day she comes back to work, I am off to Gatwick, so I won't get to hear about it until December! I might give her a quick bell from Gatwick before we go away.

Edited at 11:42 PM.
coombsyl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 08, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List