Notices

Old 21 Oct 09, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
noobie35
Helping Minnie

:) Manhattan Mayhem & Marching

Manhattan Mayhem and Marching
Is it too early for a pre-trippie? Being a Noobie, it’s my first. Well here goes.

Who’s going?
Me 36: Trip planner, money holder, bag carrier, the speaker of” I told you it wasn’t that way”.
OH 40: A walker (more like marching), non bag carrier, speaker of “don’t look in that shop again”
DS 8 – going on 18: another non bag carrier, no money to hold and has a tendency to follow his dad a lot, speaker of “not another shop”.

So that’s us. Just the 3, 4 if you include the goldfish.

When we going? 22nd Dec til 28th Dec. Woo hoo. Xmas Time!

We started thinking about this year’s trip to NYC back in July. This was only because we didn’t have the chance to go to Florida and I was constantly on the lookout for some decent flights. Well, BA had their sale and we managed to get Prem Economy at a very good rate. I was pushing for Club Class but OH shook his head with a firm No . Oh well, maybe next time.

Flights were booked and now we had to start hunting for a hotel. Now that’s easier than it sounds really. Yes, there are thousands of hotels I hear you say? However, this time we wanted to be a little more central. We were in the Hilton New York the last time, and I must admit, the hotel was very nice, just a little too Upper Manhattan. Like 2 blocks from Central Park. Not so bad if you are on the way out for the day, a little bit worse if you are coming home for the night. Anyhoo, I digress...

I finally chose The Crowne Plaza Times Square – bonus. Right in the action-bonus, good rates -bonus, swimming pool another bonus, breakfast- bonus. It looks ideal. I’ve been looking at the Earthcam in Times Square daily now for the last few months and it just amazes me how much goes on! I digress again.

The rate I booked for the hotel I thought was very good, but booking way back in July/August, I knew the rates would fall slightly nearer the time. And true to form they did. I just didn’t want to wait till a few weeks before going and not choose something we liked. So I emailed them, and they very kindly dropped the rate I had booked/reserved to the lower one they were now offering. Bonus – just saved myself $500.

So with the flights and hotel nicely tied up, I’m now off looking for things to do again. We did so many things last time, but saying that, things like a carriage ride or Grand Central Station need to be done again.

So a quick rundown on our trip:

Monday 21st Dec A.M: run around house like headless chicken packing things I think I need.

Monday 2st Dec P.M ; still running round house now remembering the Xmas pressies I have forgotten to give out. Doh!

Tuesday 22nd Dec: Leave home for Heathrow probably half hour later than I wanted, hmm.

Flight leaves 11.00, land approx 2pm ish @ JFK, grab a cab to the hotel after the finger printing session and the in’s and out’s of where we have been, what we are doing please smile Immigration Officer, we don’t get out often.

After that, we plan to off load the bags, trash the room pulling drawers out (not mine) attacking the coffee machine supplies (OH) and shampoo’s in the bathroom (DS) and head out for some food. I’ve pencilled in Ellens Stardust Diner or Bubba Gump, yet to be confirmed on that. We should be flagging at this point, about 6pm last time we were all in bed, snug as bugs and asleep by 7pm. Sad but true.

As we have been before, we kinda know what we want to do, but don’t. Does that make any sense?

I have a sort of plan, taking in things we missed before and many things we have done before but always need a second go.

I’ll update the plan when it actually gets finished.

Cheers for reading. Update when I can.

bex
Old 21 Oct 09, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List