Notices

Old 17 Apr 12, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Talking the blakeys take a break... majorca 2012

hi

well, after the millions and millions of pre-trip reports and actual trip reports that i just love love love to spend hours reading, i thought i would make one of my own :pop:

the cast:

me - kate. I'm 27, obsessed with Florida, a student midwife, a mummy and married to the gorgeous...

dh - Les. he is 33, and had only been on holiday once before meeting me 10years ago. Since then he has also become obsessed with Florida and basically any holiday he can get his hands on! he is extremely excited to be taking ...

dd - Gracie who turns 6 two days before we fly. Gracie is soooo excited about practically everything - the aeroplane, the ice-cream, the food, the disco - everything! and she will be spending the holiday playing and probably fighting with...

ds - Thomas. Tom is 3 and all he does is looks at the sky and asks when his aeroplane is coming for him. He also tells us he there is going to be parties every night and every day.

This trip was not planned...

as I had mentioned, until Les met me, he had only been abroad once and that was to Tenerife with his dad - boys drunken holiday and all that! anyway, after meeting me he discovered his undying love for Florida as we all do he has been a few times with me now and also to Gran Canaria, Menorca and various other parts of Majorca. I'm a student midwife and used to have a full time job and therefore full time wage lol. I'm half way through this course and although its the best thing I have ever done (besides marry Les and become a mummy!), it is extremely hard on us. We have a hefty mortgage, countless other bills and pay out literally pence under £1000 per month on childcare. Naturally, it has put pressure on us as a couple, me working 12.5hr shifts, not seeing the kids and having no money naturally causes a strain. Then one night, after a few wines, we sat down and made a plan of how if we could be really careful then maybe Florida could happen. Me being me had it all planned out, my little book, a list of villas, where we would eat etc, to have it all dashed by Les (now sober ) who says its no good we can't afford it.

It sounds daft I know but I was literally crushed. I must have cried for a month all that planning and excitement - for nothing. Don't get me wrong, I realise it was for the best, there is no point going if I can't do it properly!

anyway... one day my mum and dad pulls up in the car and my mum walks down the drive with a bottle of wine. this can mean one of two things: a, I have done something wrong or b, she has good news

so, my mum says how she knows what I am like and how I have to have something to look forward to (so true! ) and how I have done so well getting a place on the course and how I work so hard and then said how her and my dad would like to treat us by paying for a holiday

My mum is so generous! its unreal - she helps us out in A LOT of ways and this is definitely the break we need - hence the title! so after a while of looking and reading and asking for quotes this is what we have decided on...

flights - from Leeds Bradford Airport

Hotel - The Aparthotel Ferrera Blanca - In a suite - All inclusive lol

car - from Record - Ford Focus (or similar )

we go for 10 nights and leave on May 1st.

we have no set plan for this holiday, its going to be 'go with the flow' though we will be spending one full day at the Aquamarine Land - with shark, sealion, dolphin shows and has a little minature water park for the children and I would quite like to have a wander round Inca market too

We are all so excited and really can't wait. I am sorry my pre-trip report is so long, thank you if you have managed to get this far lol

I will let you all know how we get on :pop:

xx kate xx
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 12, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Fieryannie
Imagineer

have a nice time
Animal Kingdom Lodge - HRH - Aug/Sept 2012
All Star Music Resort - June/July 2009
Fieryannie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 12, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List