Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 May 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
I came on the thread tonight to mostly say - for those of us in England and Wales with kids about to start their A-level exam schedules - good luck to them all (and us ). And the same goes to everyone with a teen going through their exams in this period
Thank you. Good luck to you and your DD and everyone else on here. It’s strange to think how these next few weeks of exams will determine our teen’s future plans. No wonder they are feeling stressed and emotional at the moment. They have worked so hard, let’s hope the hard work all pays off for them
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
KC2014
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
Lincoln employs the students for a variety of jobs which I hope Emma will sign up for.

They can be Student Ambassadors and help out with Open Days, show people around the accommodation (they even get paid for just being in their rooms but letting people look!), preparing mail to send out to prospective students. Apparently they get paid about £8.50 an hour.
Glasgow Uni do this too. When we went for A’s offer holder day the parents went on a campus tour with student ambassadors from 2nd year. Think they got £10 an hour.
KC2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
I came on the thread tonight to mostly say - for those of us in England and Wales with kids about to start their A-level exam schedules - good luck to them all (and us ). And the same goes to everyone with a teen going through their exams in this period
Thank you. They (and us) have all come a long way since we all started chatting on this thread.

I know that we will all be here for support for the next few months at least (but hopefully longer).

Good luck everyone for the next few weeks xx
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Emma had a nice bubble bath tonight before bed with her stress relief Bath and Bodyworks.

She says she thinks she actually knows more than thinks she does and is feeling quite relaxed about it (until she wakes up tomorrow!)

Like when she did her GCSEs, she has written each exam on a post-it note and put them on her wardrobe. As each one is done, it will be pulled off, screwed up and put in the bin!
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Anyone else having trouble sleeping? I’m tempted to stay up for GOT if I’m still awake then.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by roxie2001 View Post
Anyone else having trouble sleeping? I’m tempted to stay up for GOT if I’m still awake then.
I am still awake, but I am a bit of a night owl and don't go to sleep that early.

Hope you get to sleep soon.
Old 20 May 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I slept badly Saturday night as I was stressed about it all then. So I was exhausted last night and slept really well.

Georgia says she’s fine this morning and slept pretty good except she was revising in her sleep 😂

Good luck to all the students with exams today and the rest of the week.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Good luck everyone! Harry’s first exam starts at 1.15 and I feel sick! He seems a bit nervous and quiet this morning. I’ve just made him a hearty lunch and he’s getting ready now. I’ll be glad when it’s all over 😨

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Hi

I have been skim reading through this thread over the last few weeks as we are a year behind you and are about to start on the visits and decision making soon. I've picked up load of hints and information I didn't know from this thread, and I just wanted to wish all your children the very best of luck with their exams and future plans.

Its great how you've all made friends and supported each other, and I'm going to join this years thread and hope for the same.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Leanne1977 View Post
Good luck everyone! Harry’s first exam starts at 1.15 and I feel sick! He seems a bit nervous and quiet this morning. I’ve just made him a hearty lunch and he’s getting ready now. I’ll be glad when it’s all over 😨
Georgia’s just set off to college for her psychology exam now. She’s very calm about it and eager to get on with it I think after all the revision 😀. Hope it goes well for Harry too xx