Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jun 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
till
slightly serious Dibber

advice needed over broken tv

hi, just asking to see if anyone can advice us on our broken tv, we bought a tv from john lewis 12 months ago and luckily we had a 5 years guarantee as 12 months and 2 days later it broke down, we rang john lewis to be told it had to sent away to be fixed, our tv was collected last monday 5 days after it broke, spoke to a lady today who informed us that our tv still hadnt reached the repair centre and they are not sure why its been delayed, i asked where it was to be told she didnt know and she will check again tomorrow, so we have been without a tv for over a week and a half we still have no tv and john lewis dont know where it is, does anyone have any advice on where we stand as we have no idea what to do next, thanks for reading
till is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Mobile

No advice I can offer but have to say John Lewis customer service is usually excellent and also in this instance you wouldn't have needed an extended warranty as John lewis are fairly unusual is that they automatically give 24 months against almost all electrical items

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Personally I wouldn't accept the " I'll check again tomorrow"...it's not as if you called out of hours...I'd call back and expect them to check straight away...a week and it's not even at the repair centre is pretty poor in the fist place let alone not knowing where it is
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

I'd be asking for a replacement or loan until they find it / repair it and get it back to you.

I guess their T&C's don't say how long - I found them always to be a pain in the butt to deal with TBH, so I would badger them - being an employee owned company they should be looking after customers better than that...
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
till
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
I'd be asking for a replacement or loan until they find it / repair it and get it back to you.

I guess their T&C's don't say how long - I found them always to be a pain in the butt to deal with TBH, so I would badger them - being an employee owned company they should be looking after customers better than that...
thanks, we where promised a loan tv when we reported the fault, but when the man arrived to pick up our tv he had no loan tv , rang john lewis back to be told dont know why he told you that as we dont give loan tv's so he shouldnt have told you that, its been a nightmare from the day we rang to report the fault
till is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Our television took over a week for John Lewis to repair but the repair company who collected the television did tell me the approximate turnaround.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Ring JL & ask to speak with the manager, they will want to know why, so tell them and say you have never had to complain but this is worth complaining about - you should get a pretty fast reaction to that - I did when something happened to my Tablet I had from them.
Old 17 Jun 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I love John Lewis but I always buy TV's from Richer Sounds as their warranty is better.

However. I have Googled this issue and there are a few posts on there. It appears after 28 days they will refund the cost of the TV minus depreciation.
Not sure if that is right as Richer Sounds refund the purchase price in full.

Hope you get a resolution.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink Tina
slightly serious Dibber

TBH I would ring back and ask to speak with the store manager, this is too long to be without an answer. When we had an issue with our tv they gave us a loan tv same time they collected our faulty one, they couldn’t fix ours so gave us a refund and we bought a replacement.

This is not good customer service for which they are renowned for.
Old 17 Jun 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OutbackAddict View Post
No advice I can offer but have to say John Lewis customer service is usually excellent and also in this instance you wouldn't have needed an extended warranty as John lewis are fairly unusual is that they automatically give 24 months against almost all electrical items
The OP has a standard warranty, yes, JL offers 24 months warranty on large electrical appliances; however, their warranty at no extra cost on all TVs is 5 years.

Edited at 10:39 PM.
scooby99 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List