Notices

Old 18 Jun 09, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Our 1st canadian adventure!

DH said last year " lets give florida a break" and I did agree a gap wouldn't be a bad thing, but as it was our 25th Anniversary this year I felt the need to go somewhere a little different. DH had always said he would love to go to Canada, so after pricing up flights we booked with Zoom the night before they went bust. Luckily we got all our money back and got cheaper flights with BA which is a carrier we always enjoy flying with. Car booked through Alamo and staying in Burlington with an english couple who run their B and B. They have a hottub and a swimming pool, so josh will have a fab time.

Lots planned but not finalised yet as we will see how the weather is out there, but def

CN Tower
Niagara Falls
Maid of the Mist
Toronto Zoo
Wonderland
Islands in Toronto,
A vist to the Winery and last but not least

SHOPPING DAYS!

Have loads of fab restaurans all jotted down, and will be so looking forward to choosing a different one most nights, although there is a fab BBQ for our use in the B and B so hoping to have a few chill out night.

Also planned for Josh

a vist to cinema
bowling
and plenty of visits to the numerous parks in this area.

The dollar hasn't fallen down too much lowest I got was $1.75 but they do have 2 taxes to add on meals etc so hoping things aren't too pricey.

DH bought himself a notebook so hoping to do a report at the end of every evening, (fingers crossed)

Part of me wishes it was florida but it will always be there and saving my tesco points in the hope I can get a good priced holiday later on next year.

Well thats all so far and will maybe update this nearer to our departure date.

xx

shirley
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 09, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mrscopeman
Imagineer

Are you going anywhere near Banff? This time of year is supposed to be just a spectacular as Winter.
With Own Brood: '07 POFQ | '08 POFQ | '09 SSR | '10 BCR | '11 AKL | '12 OKW | '13 AoA | '14 OKW | '15 UCR/Texas/ASM
mrscopeman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 09, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Gem67
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Sounds lovely. I am sure you will enjoy the Canadian experience

Have looked to go ourselves but packages are few and far between - at east for the sort of thing we fancy doing - one year we'll be brave and DIY it though so will look forward to your report.

Enjoy the holiday and 'Happy Anniversary'

LBVR&S Apr23/POFQ Apr22/Apr18/
OKW Apr16/RPR&OKW Aug14/OKW Oct12/AKL Aug 10/RPR&CBR Oct 09/AKL Jul 08/AKL Jul 06/
Residence Inn SW Mar 05/Nikki Bird Apr 03
Gem67 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 09, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
wasnt planning on Banff, but depends on the distance will have a look. shirley
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 09, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds fantastic... I'm sure you'll have a fab time! X.X
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 09, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Banff is the other side of Canada.

I'm sure you'll have a great time. I'm a little jealous!
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 09, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
My sister's husband is Canadian - they live in Ottawa and his parents live in Burlington. I've done most of what you're going to do - have to say I wasn't too keen on Toronto itself - a bit too high rise for me, but a visit to the islands was a welcome relief. Remember it will probably be pretty hot and humid (Ottawa is on the same latitude as Bordeaux and Toronto is south of that). Watch out for mozzies - they love the still air under the trees and can be a real pest in the summer.

Do try and get out of the city into the countryside. Niagara on the Lake is lovely. My sister's in laws have a cottage on a lake in the Muskoka and we stayed there. Absolutely beautiful - we had to stop the car on the way there because there was a huge moose standing in the middle of the road! It's only about 90 mins away from Toronto - have a look at this web site. The Algonquin Provincial Park is also quite close - see this web site.

I'm sure you'll have a great time - can't wait to read your trippie! Don't forget to bring back some maple syrup and some maple syrup cookies - yum. - you can share them with all the Dibbers!
91 Brittany 92 Scotland 93 France 94 France 95 Dartmouth 96 Moved house 97 Terra Mare (Greece) 98 Swanage 99 Yedi Tepe (Turkey) 00 Canada/Tunisia 01 Ottawa, Antigua/Bitez 02 DLP/Cornwall 03 Antigua/Gower 04 Ottawa/Croatia/Vendee 05 BVI/Hurghada 06 Javelin (Turkey) 07 Perili (Turkey) 08 Orlando 09 Rosas 10 Orlando 11 Les Deux Alpes 12 Morocco 13 Brittany 14 Vassiliki 15 Orlando 16 DLP/New England/Ottawa 17 Ionian
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 09, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
thanks for the tips folkie, great to have 1st hand knowledge, already packed my Avon SSS spray, will check out the links you sent. We were originally going to stay inToronto for the 2 weks but thought that if i was visiting glasgow would i want to sty there for the duration so thought burlington was a good compromise, i do love my bacon pancakes and syrupo for brekkie, can fel a diet coming on real soon
Old 20 Jun 09, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List