Old 23 Jun 09, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jeanwales
Imagineer

jeanwales's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Jean and Barbara are going back to NEW YORK - pre-trippie

Some of you may remember me starting a pre trippie in 2007 before Barbara and I took our holiday of a lifetime to New York last November.

Well... Start spreading the news!

We are going back!

We already have this November all booked up with a long weekend in Prague for the Christmas markets and a few months ago, we started talking of having a week somewhere warmer in May next year. Originally we thought of Tennessee and were quite keen but then we went off that a bit and switched to Sorrento, I checked all the hotels and forums out, then we realised it was sooooo expensive to go there, we switched to a week in Florida and started planning that out. Then last month Barbara admitted to me that she wasn't getting all excited about going to Florida for a week so I asked her would she get excited if we were going back to New York instead... she instantly said yes and both our faces lit up!

So back to the drawing board and we decided to book the flights as soon as they came up. We have booked with Continental from Manchester for 6th May next year, going for 5 nights. I now spend most nights trawling the different sites for information on hotels.
I have put a hold on two already - one being the Park Central and the other The Hotel At Times Square - has anyone stayed at either of these?
My main things for the hotel are they must have smoking rooms for Barbara and we need internet access so we can skype the men before hitting the town each day.
Already planning different things to do from our last trip and will add them here later.
Hope you can feel and share my excitement!

Clarion Inn formerly Comfort Inn LBV twice a year since 1991
jeanwales is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 09, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds good Jean - I'm not jealous at all you know Hope you and Barbara have a great time.

Sus x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 09, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
joandwayne
VIP Dibber

joandwayne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Wow, we just came back from NY a couple of weeks ago and we had a fabulous time. No wonder you are so excited to be going back. I know what you mean about Sorrento (if you mean the Italy one). We are going in 5 weeks and it has cost us as much to go there as it would to go to florida with theme park tickets and spending money. Still, we wanted a luxurious relaxing holiday so hopefully Sorrento will live up to it. Enjoyed reading your last TR when you went to Niagra so am interested to see what you have planned for this trip.

AKL, Walt Disney World, July 2017, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2016, Washington DC, California (Disney) and New York, August 2015, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2014, West Coast USA and Disney Aulani, Hawaii, August 2013, Old Key West, Walt Disney World, Oct 2012, West Coast USA, Aug 2011, New York, April 2011, May 2009, Port Orleans, Walt Disney World, Oct 2010, Disney Cruise, May 2010, POP Century, Walt Disney World, Nov 2008, May 2007, Oct 2005, Kissimee Oct 2003, Oct 1990
joandwayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 09, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds great I love NYC. Im sure you will have a ball again.
Old 23 Jun 09, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh Jean, how fabulous. I loved New York and remember your trippies well (it was you that convinced me to go to New York). Enjoy the planning, what will you do this time?
Old 23 Jun 09, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Good for you`s Jean...have fun planning

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 09, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jeanwales
Imagineer

jeanwales's Reviews
Originally Posted by joandwayne View Post
I know what you mean about Sorrento (if you mean the Italy one). .

Yes I did mean the Italian one - it all looked lovely but the more we looked into it, the more we were spending and actually thought we could get more out of a week in Florida. Now we have changed to New York, we will probably spend more!

jeanwales is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 09, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jeanwales
Imagineer

jeanwales's Reviews
Originally Posted by xxSarahxx View Post
Enjoy the planning, what will you do this time?
ok - our first draft is as follows - bound to change a few times before we go!

Arrive thurs midday - check in then wander around in the 'warm' weather rather than the freezing weather of last year. We plan to go to the top of the rock as late as possible to see the sunset then collapse into bed.

Friday - get a 48 hour hop on hop off and go down to Battery Park and go on the Statten Island ferry then back across to South Street Seaport and change bus for the Brooklyn one and this time get off and walk back across the bridge!

Saturday - Go on the uptown loop, then get off at the top of Central Park and spend a lot of the day exploring the park

Sunday - Sunday brunch cruise (this was cancelled last time so would love to do it this time) then back along to Macys, Kmart then in the evening go back to Ellens before doing a show - maybe Billy Elliot, Mary Poppins or Lion king.

Monday - this will be our excursion day - choice of Philadelphia, Washington or Boston at the moment although exploring lots of options

then sadly Tuesday coming home - we would like to try and do the Duck tour again in the morning as we both loved this one.
Trying to make it a bit different to last time and still see some of our favourites.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Old 24 Jun 09, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Oh Jean, how exciting! . I'm sooooooooooo jealous. Can I come too (only joking btw). I really enjoyed reading your last trippie from New York so looking forward to seeing what the pair of you's get up to this time.

Enjoy the planning
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 09, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
NCLRICH
Very Serious Dibber

NCLRICH's Reviews
Sounds like you will have a great time Jean.