Notices

Old 7 Aug 09, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Family Trip to Nova Scotia & Toronto Aug 2009!

I have been on the Dibb actively for 3 years but never done a TR despite 4 trips to DLRP and 2 trips to WDW, a trip to NYC, amongst others during that time. But reading other people's TRs has helped me a lot, so I am definately doing one this time!

CAST: me (40, travel mad, utter Disney fan, chief planner and finance manager), DD (6, going on 16, cares about clothes, nails, dancing and nothing else) my sister (38, chief driver, tags along with my crazy plans without any moaning), sisters son & my adored nephew T (nearly 7, travel crazy, animals and museum crazy, also loves rides - a sure Attenborough in the making). Thats us...

Ive wanted to see a whale in the wild for as long as I remember, and DN is crazy about marine life, so this trip is planned around that. Here is our itinery...

Wed 12 Aug - Catch train to London from Manchester, check in to hotel near Victoria and have a look at Buckingham Palace, maybe do London Eye if time allows, or Rainforest Cafe just to get a little Orlando in every holiday!

Thu 13 Aug - fly Gatwick to Halifax, arrive 1715, pick up car, drive down to Harbourfront for dinner. Check in to airport hotel as we will all be tired, time difference is 3 hours and will desperately try and stay up.

Fri 14 Aug - Drive to Annapolis Royal for 3 night cabin stay. Visit Peggys Cove on the way.

Sat 15 Aug - Whale watching trip on Brier Island, hoping to see Humpback, Fin, Pilot Whales!

Sun 16 Aug - visit local theme park Upper Clements Park all day

Mon 17 Aug - Drive to Antigonish for 3 night cabin stay, stopping off for 4 hours at Shubenacadie Wildlife Park

Tue 18 Aug - Beach/local day

Wed 19 Aug - Beach/local day

Thu 20 Aug - Drive to Cheticamp on Cape Breton Island for 3 night motel stay

Fri 21 Aug - Beach day

Sat 22 Aug - Whale watching trip at Pleasant Bay, driving there on Cabot Trail, one of the most scenic drives in North America

Sun 23 Aug - Drive to Halifax for evening flight to Toronto, stopping at Melmerby Beach for 3 hours. Arrive Toronto, pre-booked meet and greet limo service, check in to downtown skyscraper hotel for 5 nights

Mon 24 Aug - Visit CN Tower, Open top Bus Tour, Royal Ontario Museum. Visit Shopsys for dinner

Tue 25 Aug - Ontario Place, Chinatown for dinner

Wed 26 Aug - Canadas Wonderland to meet the one and only Spongebob!

Thur 27 Aug - private car tour of Niagra Falls, pick up at 9am return 5pm. Lunch booking at the Skylon Tower

Fri 28 Aug - am: Ontario Science Center, then transfer to airport for evening flight back in to Manchester

Now Ive done that, I HAVE to do the full report dont I?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 09, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Elderbly
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by susieb View Post
Now Ive done that, I HAVE to do the full report dont I?
YES you do! I can't wait. Thanks for posting your plans. They have given us some ideas for our trip.. We have focussed mainly on the NY part of the trip and not done much planning around canada so thanks for giving us some food for thought. Have a fantastic time and we'll swap stories in sept
Med Cruise07,NY&Canada09
Elderbly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 09, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post

will do! Where in Canada are you going? I was in NY in June, I fell in love with it - central park was my favourite.
Old 8 Aug 09, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi just seen your othehr posts - youre in Dartmouth! And youre staying at the same hotel as I did in NYC - Im not kidding its FABULOUS. A real old fashioned beautiful hotel. We had Sunday brunch there which was fantastic, awesome, but we didnt ask the price beforehand - and it was $175 each! For brunch! The staff are fantastic and so is the location - I wouldnt stay anywhere else now in NYC.

Im in Stockport by the way!

I was a bit nervous about NS as its so different to WDW, very relaxed and quiet I think - but its the whales that drew us there.

Have a fantastic time - Im not taking laptop so will definately compare notes when I get back!

Weather looks mixed by the way...
Old 10 Aug 09, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
cdavenport
Imagineer

cdavenport's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Please don't talk about Canada, we have our visas to emigrate to Canada and can't sell our house! Just reading about the places you will visit is filling me with longing. We should have gone last summer, but we have until Dec 2010 before the time scale tells us we have to go! Hope you have a great time in Canada and maybe you'll get the emigrating bug too!
Oct 93-Best Western, Oct '95-Villa Davenport, Oct '96-Hotel Kissimmee, Nov '98-Villa Westridge, Nov '00-Port Richey, Oct '02-Cypress Point/BlueTree Resort, Oct '03-Mystic Dunes, Dec '05-NYC/Westgate Resort/Regal Palms, Dec '07-Polynesian Isles/Regal Palms, May '09-Villa, Dec '09-Orange Lake Resort, Aug '10 SSR/Cypress Point/Indian Wells, Jul '12- Calabay Parc, Apr '14-Villa, Marbella Resort, Jul/Aug '15-SSR/Villa Cypress Point, Oct '16-Ramada Plaza Resort, Jul '17-OKW/Villa
cdavenport is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 09, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List