Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 15 Apr 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If you have kids who like arcade games then Dave & Busters is a great way to spend an hour or so.

We like just walking up and down IDrive taking in the sights, lights, "tat" souvenir shops and generally people watching.

There are some fab restaurants, especially around the Pointe Orlando and Orlando Eye areas, and there is a cinema at Pointe Orlando (as well as the one at Artegon Marketplace already mentioned).

I'd say that, from the Rosen International - the 360 area around the Orlando Eye is probably your best option. You've got the Eye, Sealife, a little Lego Discovery Centre and the new worlds tallest sky tower opening soon 😀
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by davdawnbro View Post
Last year we did the Pirates golf, Orlando eye and toussauds and reccomend them all. We wandered up to pointe Orlando which was abit run down since the last time we were there. I love idrive I have always had a great time staying there.
I'm considering a night a Pointe Orlando. When you say run down, does that mean I'll have to watch my back walking from Rosen Pointe to Millers Ale House and back ?
Old 15 Apr 18, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by Northerndave View Post
I'm considering a night a Pointe Orlando. When you say run down, does that mean I'll have to watch my back walking from Rosen Pointe to Millers Ale House and back ?
The area round pointe orlando isnt run down, its the best area on international drive
Old 16 Apr 18, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoN21
Apprentice Imagineer

orlandoN21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by davdawnbro View Post
We wandered up to pointe Orlando which was abit run down since the last time we were there. I love idrive I have always had a great time staying there.
I always stay at the Rosen Plaza which is just across the road to Pointe Orlando and I would say this part of I-Drive is not run down. If it was then I wouldn't be staying there as a solo traveller.

1991 Travelodge Kissimmee / 1996 Holiday Inn I-Drive / 2000+2002 Rosen Centre I-Drive / 2007+2015+solo 2017+ solo Feb2019+solo Dec2019+solo Dec2023+solo June2024 Rosen Plaza I-Drive / 2011 Point Orlando / 2011 Rosen Shingle Creek / 2015 Loews Royal Pacific / solo Feb2019 Hilton Grand Vacations / solo Dec2019 Holiday Inn Disney Springs
orlandoN21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by HEMANCLOFTY View Post
If you have kids who like arcade games then Dave & Busters is a great way to spend an hour or so.

We like just walking up and down IDrive taking in the sights, lights, "tat" souvenir shops and generally people watching.

There are some fab restaurants, especially around the Pointe Orlando and Orlando Eye areas, and there is a cinema at Pointe Orlando (as well as the one at Artegon Marketplace already mentioned).

I'd say that, from the Rosen International - the 360 area around the Orlando Eye is probably your best option. You've got the Eye, Sealife, a little Lego Discovery Centre and the new worlds tallest sky tower opening soon 😀
I would love to know what a "sky tower" is and how it differs from a "tower"; I can't see it being anything like the size of the Eiffel or CN Towers though...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I would love to know what a "sky tower" is and how it differs from a "tower"; I can't see it being anything like the size of the Eiffel or CN Towers though...
I think they mean the star flyer

Or this

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023

Edited at 10:47 AM.
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks so much for all the recommendations guys! I can't believe we're on trip number 6 and haven't made it to I-drive
Can I just ask those of you who have stayed at the Rosen Inn hotels... would you say the Rosen Inn at Pointe is better than the Rosen Inn International? My folks are currently booked into the International, which they have stayed at before and they like it fine but should we consider switching them to the Pointe as it seems to be a bit more popular with folks on here
Glenbrook Villa & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian 2014, The Wedding Pavilion & The Polynesian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Disney Dream & The Yacht Club 2018, The Disney Dream & Animal Kingdom Lodge club level 2019,
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Ive stayed at Pointe and at the Rosen nearest universal.

Theyre chalk and cheese, Pointe and International are similar because theyre motel style facilities.

Pointe is a lot larger, its back off the road and the area its in has more to entertain because its the better end of I-drive where as Internationals midway really. That part of international drive is a straight 2 lanes either side, Pointe end is more scenic as it has palms in the middle of the road, more shrubs etc etc

More places to eat within walking distance for older people at Pointe, more fast food style places near International although still some good eateries as well.
Old 16 Apr 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Great, thanks so much! As they sound much the same we'll just leave their booking as it is then
Glenbrook Villa & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian 2014, The Wedding Pavilion & The Polynesian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Disney Dream & The Yacht Club 2018, The Disney Dream & Animal Kingdom Lodge club level 2019,
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List