Old 12 Jan 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Award for the Best Food Report Title!

Love it! We arrive at RPR on the 2nd May.

I can’t wait to read your updates.
Old 12 Jan 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Award for the Best Food Report Title!

Love it! We arrive at RPR on the 2nd May.

I can’t wait to read your updates.
Aw thank you, best title is very subjective there’s some great ones on here but glad you like it

Looking forward to RPR, don’t know much about it but heard good things. I’ve just added the Islands Dining Room to the plan for at least one of the breakfasts. Are you thinking of doing the Luau there? I’m not sure, heard there’s is a lot better than the Disney version but whether it’s our thing...

Enjoy your holiday and look out for some increasingly bizarre Harry Porker interludes
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 11:15 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Aw thank you, best title is very subjective there’s some great ones on here but glad you like it

Looking forward to RPR, don’t know much about it but heard good things. I’ve just added the Islands Dining Room to the plan for at least one of the breakfasts. Are you thinking of doing the Luau there? I’m not sure, heard there’s is a lot better than the Disney version but whether it’s our thing...

Enjoy your holiday and look out for some increasingly bizarre Harry Porker interludes
RPR is amazing, we loved it last year and to be honest I preferred it to our Disney hotel.

We stayed Club last year and are doing the same this year so we didn’t eat in many Universal restaurants. Bubba Gump was the only one we managed!
2littleboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulabelle18
slightly serious Dibber

Woohoo! Can’t wait for another one of your hilarious reports😝
Loulabelle18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Hey CMG! Loved your live trippie earlier this year. It inspired me to give a trip report a go myself. I'm wondering if Admiral Achbar will put in an appearance this time around?
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
RPR is amazing, we loved it last year and to be honest I preferred it to our Disney hotel.

We stayed Club last year and are doing the same this year so we didn’t eat in many Universal restaurants. Bubba Gump was the only one we managed!
Sounds great we preferred HRH to any of the Disney hotels we've stayed at so not surprised and good to hear (Loews I think is a big part if it).

Not going club and tend not to because it does reduce the restaurants you can hit. Will link to our CityWalk reviews from last time at some point. Thanks for reading!

Originally Posted by Loulabelle18 View Post
Woohoo! Can’t wait for another one of your hilarious reports😝
cheers I love writing them, like it said in my school reports all he needs is an audience

Originally Posted by Kidd McFluff View Post
Hey CMG! Loved your live trippie earlier this year. It inspired me to give a trip report a go myself. I'm wondering if Admiral Achbar will put in an appearance this time around?
Thanks Kidd McFluff and yours was a great first report (much better than my first effort!). I found it so hard to do that first one - what with getting used to taking photos, training the family, mastering the tech, staying motivated as the repeat writers grab most of the attention etc. etc. so great work dining report next time please

In terms of Admiral Ackbar, it's not confirmed yet but my people are talking to his people and I'm optimistic that we can make it happen
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
I'm sure you will enjoy RPR, we did in the summer, it has a nice feel to it and we are there for 3 nights in our April trip. My Universal heart does belong to HRH though. That said we've not booked a Universal hotel for July yet and if prices stay the same it will be RPR as I can't justify the extra.
Old 15 Jan 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
I'm sure you will enjoy RPR, we did in the summer, it has a nice feel to it and we are there for 3 nights in our April trip. My Universal heart does belong to HRH though. That said we've not booked a Universal hotel for July yet and if prices stay the same it will be RPR as I can't justify the extra.
We're insanely lucky this time to be only paying a couple of nights of the hotel at a special rate, no way we'd have afforded a trip this year otherwise. I wasn't expecting to be back in Orlando before 2021!

Looking forward to your next report
CMG
Old 15 Jan 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Pre-Trip Extras: the Making of a Porker

Harry Porker is a monster. Literally, because I’ve taken food behaviours from the whole family and merged them into a giant, overfed teenager. Somewhere in the mix are the inability to stop eating something until it’s finished of my DF and the sweet tooth of DD (and all children). But mainly he’s a monstrous combination of my greed and DW’s love of the most expensive menu item.

Don’t feel sorry for this fictional Harry either. This Porker moved out of his parents house because they didn’t keep the fridge well enough stocked for his liking. He lives with his Aunt and Uncle and makes them sleep in the box room (note we do not do this).

Making a Porker - the 2 key ingredients...

For the first ingredient we have to go way back in time Knowing DW now I can only imagine what a precocious little she must have been back in the day. The Lobster Thermidor story may give some clues on the genesis of her expensive tastes.

DW’s family ran a restaurant, think food obsessed Italians. Every year, DFIL would take the extended family out to dinner somewhere fancy. It was an expensive treat for a family that invariably ate very well at home rather than going out.

The year DW was 9 the menus went round the table as usual. She enquired what from the menu she was allowed to order. ‘Anything’ beamed DFIL, no doubt imagining she was wrestling with a difficult choice between the kids chicken or pizza. DW considered the menu for another moment (checking the prices?) and piped up with ‘I’ll have the Lobster Thermidor.’ Bedlam ensued according to family archives. DMIL was up for overruling the order but DFIL despite starting to sweat was a man of his word. ‘It’s ok, she can have it.’

This dish was said to be over £20 in the 1970’s Even at ‘just’ £20 that’s well over £100 in today’s money. Young DW ate the lot. Everyone else in the family tried it and loved it and the final kicker for DFIL was next year, back in the same restaurant and most of the family ordered it (and they weren't wealthy by any means) So that's DW!

My first vivid food memory is from when I was around 5 and is one I have DF to thank for. As an extremely fussy child, I (according to family legend) would barely eat anything. Certainly one Sunday I was not up for sampling Yorkshire pudding for the first time, sticking sensibly to my beef and roast potatoes. My determination to stick to foods I knew and trusted inspired DF to hurl the unwanted pud at me from across the table unsuccessfully as I ducked with good timing

The aftermath of the gravy stain from where it slid down the wall remained until we moved out of that house a couple of years later. This being the 1970s it arguably enhanced the overall effect of the wallpaper. During meals I often pondered secretly why we didn't repeat the pattern throughout the room.

did this noble pud swerve deliberately to save a child?

Generally though I kept my head down for fear of further assault from unwanted Sunday roast accompaniments, especially the dangerous parsnip. A skilled proponent armed with a shard of roast parsnip (admittedly DF was no Jocky Wilson) could possibly have blinded a child at that range.

Soon after that my tonsillitis got very bad and I was into hospital to have tonsils removed, still a regular procedure in those days. Suffering a scary reaction to the anaesthetic I was briefly very ill in the hospital and made a name for myself as I recovered by ringing the emergency bell after being served breakfast. Several nurses came running to be politely requested to take the cornflakes back because l didn’t like them with sugar on Once out of hospital I was a new kid, eating pretty much anything and everything.

Quick Recipe:

Mix the 2 main ingredients together in a large bowl with a pinch of the real Harry Potter and a dash of DD and DF. Simmer for a bit, add one cup of Augustus Gloop and mix again. Take off the heat, chill until April and you have a Harry Porker!

Edited at 12:30 PM.
Old 17 Jan 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

yippeee I'm so happy that you have returned with another food report/trippie... last year's was my winner of 2018.. bring it on...

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List