Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 15 Jul 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

Very late off site report! Days 11 and 12 added

Hi all, as usual I got home from my holibobs last year with the intention of doing my food report and then it didn't happen! I did my 2018 report in 2019, so a bit of a theme here! I thought it might be nice to post this now though with no new reports being able to be done with the current situation.
There is me Lyndsey 38 (at the time, now 39), chief planner and obsessed with everything Orlando. Love all the parks and all the food...and alcoholic drinks Wayne 42, Ben who turned 14 on the day we travelled and Josh then 17. Tom 20 decided he didn't want to come for the first time My parents have also joined us this time, they didn't always eat with us as my Mum is gluten free so sometimes they chose different options or just ate in the apartment.
The previous year we had stayed on site at Disney for 2 weeks with the regular dining plan plus a night at HRH. This year (Sep/Oct 2019) was supposed to be 15 nights at CLC Encantada in a 4 bed with a night at HRH club level. This trip is a lot more casual dining after all the table service meals last year, I was wanting a more chilled out time so there is quite a lot of quick service off site options this trip.
So things got off to a disastrous start with Thomas Cook going bust on the night of the 23rd Sep...we were due to travel to Manchester on the 24th, flying the following morning of the 25th. Needless to say we had an extremely stressful few days knowing they were on the verge of going under. Thankfully we had booked a package through Travelrepublic. Got up super early on 24th after realising they had gone under and then after about 5 hours on the phone on the 24th from about 8am, we managed to change our flights to London Heathrow indirect via Washington on the way out, flying the next morning! This meant we got an extra night too which Travelrepublic paid for! We have never done indirect before but I was just happy to go. So we set off for London at 7pm from Stockton on Tees. So didn't get to the premier Inn till 11.30pm so no nice meal. Just straight to bed.

Day 1 - Travel Day - I'm afraid I was still stressed so my photos were not the best, in fact there are quite a few dubious ones when I have looked through them but still some ok ones too So no photos at all from travel day, sorry. It's so unlike me! But we had an early flight around 9am so we just didn't bother with food in the airport and they gave us Chicken and waffles with syrup on the plane which the kids thought was just ok, I didn't eat much. We flew United and the staff were amazing, so lovely! Had a nightmare at Washington when we made our flight with 5 mins to spare because there wasn't enough staff on and they let through the internal flights ahead of us. Never been so relieved to sit down on a plane. We just went to Walmart and got hot chicken and snacks from there. Not a great birthday meal for Ben but he was happy we went to the pool. It was a long day but so happy we had made it after what happened.
Day 2
So the next morning we just ate Krispy Kreme's for breakfast, then Golden Corral at the kids request. I've no idea what we ate on the night as no photos again! Sorry. Lots of different options from GC were picked including fried chicken which the kids love, pot roast and mash which i love, pizza and then a selection of desserts. Cheap and cheerful meal and was an extra bonus day so we were all happy.

This was just a chilled out day after the chaos of the last few days. Tomorrow we are up early to get to HRH for the club level breakfast as you can have the breakfast the day you arrive as well as the following morning.
Day 3
We got up at the usual super early about 5am as not yet adjusted, got the kids up about 6.30 and got over to HRH for about 7.30 and got checked in. Rooms obviously not ready yet but we were given our cards which enabled us to access the Rock Royalty (club level) breakfast. Started our day eating croissants and donuts, starting as we mean to go on! We all enjoyed this.

Then off we went to Universal, we got the boat from HRH it was lovely.

For lunch we went to Krusty Burger again, even though I'm sure last year I said I wouldn't go here again! It was ok though
Not sure what the parents had here, as have no pics of their food. I think they sat separately as it was busy.

Josh and Ben both got a meat feast pizza each but only one pic, they both enjoyed this.

Wayne got the clogger burger, he thought it was nice

I got fish and chips

None of us except Ben wanted snacks during the day Ben got 2 ice creams, one from Florean Fortescue's wich was a a vanilla with toffee sauce in the souvenir bowl which i washed out and brought home and then a hand scooped cookies and cream one later (can't remember where from).

After a great day on all of the rides we went back to HRH and to the Rock Royalty lounge for their hot appetisers and free alcohol

I had told them it was Bens birthday the day before so they gave him this cake which was lovely

Mum got a gf pizza instead of the appetisers, kids didn't eat much as they wanted something from the quick service at the pool

There was lots of cheese, crackers, spring rolls and wontons. Then I had a mimosa and a glass of Pinot Grigio. Wayne had lager.

We then went down to the pool Wayne got a grilled panini with salad he thought this was nice. I didn't bother as was full off all the appetisers.

Ben got chicken tenders and fries and Josh got a pizza, they both enjoyed these. It was lovely just chilling out by this pool, it's a gorgeous resort.

That's the end of the first couple of days, I will try to upload more tomorrow. I'm currently trying to decide where to eat next year!

Edited at 10:36 AM.
maronnettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for this😄 so lovely to read something normal on the dibb!-makes me excited to go again whenever that will be!.Club level at hrh looks great
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Ahh I'm missing the Hard Rock badly, those Beach Club Bar pics are bring back happy memories. Thanks for posting, looking forward to seeing more.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post

This was like a breath of fresh air ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by nadya View Post
Thanks for this😄 so lovely to read something normal on the dibb!-makes me excited to go again whenever that will be!.Club level at hrh looks great
Thought it might be nice to look at a normal report again, kept meaning to start it and then didn't. Thanks for reading
maronnettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Ahh I'm missing the Hard Rock badly, those Beach Club Bar pics are bring back happy memories. Thanks for posting, looking forward to seeing more.
We love HRH, the food and cocktails are great Thanks for reading
Old 16 Jul 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Cuxi View Post
This was like a breath of fresh air ...
Thanks, just nice to pretend things are normal!
Old 16 Jul 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

Day 4

Today we were off to IOA, first we went to breakfast I the Rock Royalty lounge. Similar to yesterday, doughnuts, croissants and coffee to start our day. Everyone had similar things so only the one pic.

For lunch we went to The Three Broomsticks, I am a big Harry Potter fan so would go here even if the food was dreadful Parents were with us but can’t find pics of their food.

Ben had the chicken platter which comes with roast potatoes and a corn on the cob, he liked this.

Josh and Wane both had fish and chips, which come with wedges rather than chips, these were just ok.

I had the chicken and ribs platter with roast potatoes and a corn on the cob, I really enjoyed this. Will go back again as just love the theming.

On our way out of IOA we stopped at voodoo and all got a doughnut, i don't have a pic of Josh's but he just got a pink ring one which he didn't think was as nice as the Joffreys ones he gets, probably cos not as big!

Ben got the apple fritter, this is huge! He liked it but said it didn't have enough apple pieces in

Wayne got the Boston cream, he loved this

I got the orangesicle...oh my word, I LOVED this so so much and wished I had bought more, get one!

After we left IOA we did a big shop in Walmart and dropped the kids and my parents off at the villa and then me and Wayne went to Dominos to get some pizza. Mum and Dad had chicken from the hot counter at Walmart. I looked on their website first as sometimes they have offers online that you aren’t aware of if you just walk in. SO it was any size pizza except extra large with 3 toppings for $7.99, bargain! So we got the kids one each and Wayne and I shared one.
Whilst waiting for the pizzas to cook we went next door to a small restaurant/bar called La Fuenta and sat outside in the sunshine with a lager and a rose wine. Odd choice for me so I am guessing they didn’t have any pinot. Still enjoyed it as was nice to relax in the sun.

After our drinks were finished we collected the pizzas and ate in the villa
Bacon, chicken and ham for Josh

Pepperoni, ham and chicken for Ben

Me and Wayne shared a half chicken and mushroom, half chicken and pineapple. Sorry one piece was gone before I got chance to take a pic!

That's the end to another calorific day
Old 16 Jul 20, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Mobile

I had the orange creamsicle doughnut at voodoo too,loved it!.Cant wait to visit again
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I'm going to try Three Broomsticks in January maybe, I like the look of that chicken/rib platter. The pizzas look good too - well all the bits without pineapple anyway
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List