Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 16 Jan 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
It’s not a fun show any more. It’s kind of lost its mojo. I want to like the current incarnation but I just don’t get Jodie’s version. That said, I never got Capaldi either so my interest has been on the wain for a while.

There’s only so many ways the Daleks can come back, the Master/Missy resurrects, Cybermen etc etc...all a bit tired and flat

And I don’t need to know Rosa Parks, Nicolei Tesla, <insert famous transatlantic person here> have the Doctor and fam to thank for their place in history. The Doctor is his/her best when dealing with baddies and ethical dilemmas.

Time to rest it for a few years. Bring it back once interest has built up.

Edited at 06:26 PM.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Jelly baby anyone
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzy1
Excited about Disney

I really, really want to like the new episodes, but I'm just not enjoying them. I have no problem with Jodie Whittaker, but the writing and the companions are just not working for me. There's no chemistry between the cast. Last season almost had me switching off, but as a long time fan, I persevered. The 2 part New Year episodes were OK, and gave me a glimmer of hope, but then episode 3 slid right back down the hill again.
dizzy1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Considering signing up to Brit Box, as apparantly they have (or are going to have) ALL the old classic episodes on there (presumably barring those that have been sadly lost).
Old 17 Jan 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Oh, and I vote Idris Elba for the next Doctor - that'd be awesome
Old 17 Jan 20, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Mobile

Just watching the new year's day episode. Spoilt by lenny henry. Not keen on Stephen Fry either. Storyline a bit odd even for Dr who.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Last nights was dire and probably my last until the writers and Dr changes . I just wanted Bradley Walsh (who can’t act for toffee£ to get stung by a scorpion . But it was crazy when the Dr rang a companion in their mobile phones - yes in New York over a hundred years a go - glad they got a good signal ! Stupid plot, stupid direction, stupid acting
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
It’s not a fun show any more. It’s kind of lost its mojo. I want to like the current incarnation but I just don’t get Jodie’s version. That said, I never got Capaldi either so my interest has been on the wain for a while.

There’s only so many ways the Daleks can come back, the Master/Missy resurrects, Cybermen etc etc...all a bit tired and flat

And I don’t need to know Rosa Parks, Nicolei Tesla, <insert famous transatlantic person here> have the Doctor and fam to thank for their place in history. The Doctor is his/her best when dealing with baddies and ethical dilemmas.

Time to rest it for a few years. Bring it back once interest has built up.
I have to agree with you, I think Doctor Who is past it's prime. I really enjoyed watching David Tennant and Matt Smith's being Doctor Who. I like Jodie but I just think the stories aren't suited to her.

We've decided to stop watching because there are much more quality programmes available to watch.

I'd love to know what Doctor Who would be like if someone like Amazon Prime or Netflix created it with a bigger budget than the BBC.
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Last nights was dire and probably my last until the writers and Dr changes . I just wanted Bradley Walsh (who can’t act for toffee£ to get stung by a scorpion . But it was crazy when the Dr rang a companion in their mobile phones - yes in New York over a hundred years a go - glad they got a good signal ! Stupid plot, stupid direction, stupid acting
Back during the RTD days (perhaps during Tennant's time?) the Doctor fiddled with some mobile phones using his sonic screwdriver to get them to work on alien planets, in the past, and even through time. So the idea of using mobile phones this way has already been established. As far as I remember, back then no one seemed to have an issue with it even though it didn't really make sense?

I actually like Bradley Walsh and think he's the best thing about these recent episodes. He's the comedy relief in a show that desperately needs something.

I thought last night's episode was ok - better then the previous week's episode. But only ok. At times I was a little bored by it.

Also, was it established why the Doctor couldn't use the Tardis to travel to the alien ship? Or why everyone (not just the Doctor and Tesla) couldn't hide in the Tardis when the alien scorpions descended to Earth to attack them?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List