Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 1 Feb 20, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Have you read Victoria Hislop's book The Island? It is a novel that brings the sad story of Spinalonga to life. It was even turned into a Greek TV series.
I think I might have got this years ago, but never finished it.

Not sure if I've still got it. I'll have a look. Thanks.

Old 1 Feb 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

I've added Skiathos to my list 😍
Old 16 Feb 20, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

We enjoyed the Rhodes and Symi episode. We've done Rhodes a couple of times, but it would be nice to return and visit beautiful Symi for the first time. Loads of history in Rhodes Town. We also liked walking around Lindos.
Old 16 Feb 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Mobile

Absolutely loved this series, thought 30mins an episode was a bit short. The episode with her Mum on Chios was beautiful. Watching her Mum hold that ladies hand while she sang 😍
Old 16 Feb 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
We enjoyed the Rhodes and Symi episode. We've done Rhodes a couple of times, but it would be nice to return and visit beautiful Symi for the first time. Loads of history in Rhodes Town. We also liked walking around Lindos.
Symi looks stunning too and somewhere I might dare to go on my own.
Old 18 Feb 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I think they missed a trick with this. They bearly touched the islands, I was hoping for a lot more island hopping
Old 18 Feb 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
I think they missed a trick with this. They bearly touched the islands, I was hoping for a lot more island hopping
Agreed. Think each episode should have been an hour long too.

Maybe they'll do another series.
Old 19 Feb 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Is anyone watching My New Greek Life on Channel 5, it's pretty good and on for an hour every week, just watched the first 2 episodes on catch up. We're off to Crete in June for a couple of weeks, not really sure whether it's the nicest island, loved doing Zante the last 2 years but I think we've driven everywhere there is to see there, hoping we love Crete too. I really never fancied Greece at all but totally fell in love with it, the people are so lovely and friendly.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
Is anyone watching My New Greek Life on Channel 5, it's pretty good and on for an hour every week, just watched the first 2 episodes on catch up. We're off to Crete in June for a couple of weeks, not really sure whether it's the nicest island, loved doing Zante the last 2 years but I think we've driven everywhere there is to see there, hoping we love Crete too. I really never fancied Greece at all but totally fell in love with it, the people are so lovely and friendly.
Linda

I've recorded it but not properly watched it yet.

We had a couple of holidays in Crete and they were both good.

I agree the Greek Islands are fantastic.
Old 19 Feb 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
Linda

I've recorded it but not properly watched it yet.

We had a couple of holidays in Crete and they were both good.

I agree the Greek Islands are fantastic.
Any recommendations on places to visit in Crete, we're staying in a really quiet part of Gouves and will have a car for probably 8 days. 😎
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List