Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Feb 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by discoclare View Post
Loads of these announcements are because the tabloids are about to expose the person. I am suspicious that he has been threatened with exposure by the press and him/his agent thought to break the news himself would be much better. Sad that the press think these stories are still sensationalist in this day and age.
Agreed
They must be running out of Harry and Meghan material !
Oh for the days when newspapers had news.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Agreed
They must be running out of Harry and Meghan material !
Oh for the days when newspapers had news.
And yet this thread alone would seem to prove that it’s consider news to many

I think Phillip Schofield is extremely brave for making this announcement, after all, he’s felt the need to hide his truth for all these years, for whatever reason. It can’t have been easy for him, and to now be bracing himself for whatever attention comes his way. It’s not all going to be favourable, let’s face it.

And to think there must be countless people in a similar situation to him, who might now find the courage to do the same.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I feel sorry for his wife, she probably thought her marriage was for life and now it’s not. It’s not big news in this day and age, because he’s in the public eye he has to tell everyone. His and his families business and nobody else’s really in a perfect world!
I’m more interested in love island but I’m sad!
Old 7 Feb 20, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I always thought he was but sad he has to come out and 'admit' it!
What's it got to do with anyone else!
Old 7 Feb 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

I think you are over invested in my life to be honest and it’s a bit creepy ... however the one thing I took from that time from all of the young men was that all felt better once out and wished they’d done it sooner as the secrecy and the fear of getting “ found out” was far worse than any backlash even with families who didn’t approve.
I’m actually sad for anyone who has had to hide who they are for possibly decades and live with the fear of someone else outing them. That’s a lot of unhappiness and stress.
Therefore ‘we’ll done’ to Phillip for finally finding the strength to do so. Yes?
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Therefore ‘we’ll done’ to Phillip for finally finding the strength to do so. Yes?
Yes but tempered with “what took you so long “ as someone else said someone like him is a great role model to others afraid to “come out” ( I hate that phrase though ... I wish there was a better one)
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
Its his personal choice.

Its 2020, the 'so what' of this story is zero to me.

Good luck to him, and his family.

... and yes...Well Done Phil.
This 100%

Disney332
Old 7 Feb 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Yes but tempered with “what took you so long “ as someone else said someone like him is a great role model to others afraid to “come out” ( I hate that phrase though ... I wish there was a better one)
I said a similar thing about being a role model in a previous post, but didn’t use that phrase either.
Old 7 Feb 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

At the risk of being accused of jumping on a band wagon I actually know a woman this happened to. They had a daughter together and he went off with another man. She was totally devastated but we kept telling her it wasn't as hurtful as it would be if he left for another woman.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
At the risk of being accused of jumping on a band wagon I actually know a woman this happened to. They had a daughter together and he went off with another man. She was totally devastated but we kept telling her it wasn't as hurtful as it would be if he left for another woman.
No risk attached.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread