Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 20 Jan 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
which company did you use for your whale watch tour please? and how far in advance did you book?
LLKJDisney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Hi.
It’s on page 1 #7 ‘Monterey Bay Whale Watch’. The post gives directions, which pier etc plus some images. We booked 6 months out. I believe however, that we could have just turned up on the day as it was Easter rather than high summer.

I would unhesitatingly recommend them!

I will be using them again this Easter, provided that there are recent Orca sightings in the bay.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 07:58 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

What a brilliant report, we’re thinking of doing three weeks, if you’d have had the extra time, would you have booked extra days in places you stayed or added some extra stops?

We bought the same Disney frame from our Disney holiday last year, love the idea of doing one for every visit
Old 25 Jan 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JellyEllieBean View Post
What a brilliant report, we’re thinking of doing three weeks, if you’d have had the extra time, would you have booked extra days in places you stayed or added some extra stops.

We bought the same Disney frame from our Disney holiday last year, love the idea of doing one for every visit
Those are kinds words, thankyou.. and yes, it was a real fun trip.

I wish that we had had 3 weeks instead of 2. In addition, the top half of the PCH was closed, hence our return this Easter. In summary..

1. We would not have changed SFO, other than to stay nearer to the Fishermen's Wharf area. We are using the Columbus Motor Inn this Easter., but in addition this Easter, we are doing the Love Tour, a 2 hour trip in a hand painted Mk1 VW Camper with shag pile and 60s music . Also we never saw Golden Gate Park or the Sutra Baths site. We are hiring bikes to do this at Easter I would add an extra day in SFO to do these.

2 Monterey was worth an extra day in order to soak up the atmosphere and in addition, see the aquarium and/or a close to shore kayak. We are doing 2 nights at Easter.

3. We did not go down the PCH and if we had, I feel that a full day would have taken in a picnic at Big Sur in the hope of seeing passing Whales and/or Condors, a stop at Bixby, A walk to the beach at Pfeiffer etc. I would then drive on to the Madonna Inn and take 2 nights there. The reason for this is that I would then back up to Hearst Castle the next day and then return to the Madonna for the second night.

We would do the rest the same, maybe an extra night in San Diego for Coronado beach and to pad out to the 3 weeks, a look at one of Knotts, Warner Bros or Universal for a couple of days.

Others look at Yosemite and Vegas, but I don't get it personally (possibly because I have never been). Yosemite was in any case out for us at Easter due to the likelyhood/possibility of remaining snow..

Highlight? All of it.

If you have time, you might have a look at the other trippie in my signature. It is written in a similar way and could give you ideas for another future trip. Boston, NY, Dayton OH, Orlando and Naples was our best yet.. and a whole 3 weeker!

You will also find I have a pre trip in the California section that covers the Love Tour and stuff that we are doing this Easter.

Hope it helps you... and any other questions.. just fire away. I am glad to help!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 05:58 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

That’s really helpful, thanks, the New York/Boston is another trip I would like to do, but in the Autumn to do some leaf peeping 👍

Look forward to reading your April trip report, I’m sure you’ll have a brilliant time
Old 26 Jan 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JellyEllieBean View Post
That’s really helpful, thanks, the New York/Boston is another trip I would like to do, but in the Autumn to do some leaf peeping 👍

Look forward to reading your April trip report, I’m sure you’ll have a brilliant time
We will return at a later date in the Autumn and do all those states to the North of Boston before then heading across to Buffalo (for Niagara) and then Detroit plus Chicago before flying home. That will be in a few years when the kids are no longer a consideration!

The one in the trippie was always going to have an Orlando part to it and for me, was all about Dayton Ohio (number 1 on my worldwide bucket list ahead of Angkor Wat).. It also obviously had to be in the School Holidays.

Edited at 05:56 PM.
Old 10 Oct 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Got lots of good ideas from reading this, thanks!
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
Got lots of good ideas from reading this, thanks!
You are very welcome, Princessa. I unashamedly get my ideas from the trippies of others, myself.

Just now in the process of booking next October and a pre trippie will soon be posted!

Old 30 Jun 22, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
eeyore
Apprentice Imagineer

I've just read this in preparation for our June 23 trip with our girls aged 9 and 11. Absolutely fabulous thank you.
Old 4 Jul 22, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
I've just read this in preparation for our June 23 trip with our girls aged 9 and 11. Absolutely fabulous thank you.
I am glad to have been of assistance to you!