Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 25 Feb 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Just the Two of Us - Feb 2019 - Pre-Travel Day 18.02.19

Hello

Welcome to my trip report for my most recent trip to Disneyland Paris - if you haven't already read it, my pre-trip report can be found here.

Our adventure began on the Monday of half term, although we only live a short distance outside of London we had a very early start so I decided to book the Hub by Premier Inn in Kings Cross.

I was working from home during the day so we didn't actually leave until 4.30pm. My husband dropped us off at Croxley station and we said our goodbyes to my youngest Daughter (a few tears may have been shed!).

We only had a few minutes wait before our train arrived, as luck would have it it was a direct train meaning we didn't have the hassle of having to change at Bakers Street.

The journey was really straight forward and it was very nice to be going against all the crowds for a change (I'm usually joining them as I often have to commute to/from Canary Wharf).

We arrived at our hotel by about 5.45pm, it's located really close to Kings Cross/St. Pancras, about a 5 minute walk.

I had booked the Hub hotel as it was considerably cheaper than any of the others in the area, even the travelodges. We paid £54 for our one night stay.

We checked in using the self-service machines and within a couple of minutes were we in our room, on the first floor right next to the lifts.

I knew the hotel rooms were going to be small (that's kind of their USP) but they were perfectly well equipped; every inch of space was utilised effectively. The bed was SO comfortable; might even be the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in.

Olivia loved the frosted glass on the bathroom panels

After freshening up it was time to head out for some evening entertainment, I had managed to get cheap tickets to Showstopper! The Improvised Musical at the Lyric Theatre, Olivia enjoyed getting the chance to put on her new Primark jumpsuit for the evening, I think it makes her look very grown up!

The Lyric Theatre is on Shaftesbury Avenue so we jumped back on the tube and within 15 minutes we were at the theatre. We had great seats on the 4th row with a perfect view of the stage.

If you've never seen this show I can HIGHLY recommend it, it is absolutely incredible. As the name suggests it's a completely improvised musical so is different every night. At the beginning of the show the compere asks for suggests of a location, a theme and for musical styles. Our show was set in a Weight Watchers meeting and was aptly named "I just can't wait to be thin".

I cannot remember the time I have enjoyed a show as much as I did with this one. It's incredible how they manage to create a full storyline, character profiles and songs completely ad-libbed.

After the show finished we headed back to Kings Cross to get some dinner, I let Olivia choose where she would like to go. Her choice... Tesco! She just wanted a Tesco Meal Deal and to chill out in the room and was I to argue with that?

It wasn't long after we finished that we decided to call it a night - I had alarms set for 4.45am, 4.47am, 4.50am etc.. as I was sure I was going to oversleep and miss our Eurostar!

Edited at 04:16 PM.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 19, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Yaay great start! The show sounds amazing, might be one for me to suggest to hubby!

Haha that sounds just like me with alarms, i get so paranoid that i'll miss it! Looking forward to the rest xx
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by kadypants View Post
Yaay great start! The show sounds amazing, might be one for me to suggest to hubby!

Haha that sounds just like me with alarms, i get so paranoid that i'll miss it! Looking forward to the rest xx
It was honestly so good, I went in there with quite high expectations as I'd heard good things about it but it completely blew my mind! Bonus was that we only paid £20 each for our seats so was actually not much more than it would have cost us to go to the cinema in Leicester Square which was our original plan.

I'm hoping to get Day 1 written up today at some point
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sw16
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Love Showstoppers. Make a point of going at least once when they are in Edinburgh for the festival
Old 27 Feb 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sw16 View Post
Love Showstoppers. Make a point of going at least once when they are in Edinburgh for the festival
We are definitely going to see it again! Was absolutely amazing.