Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Apr 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by 2point View Post
The clock is manned for a good while, probably up to about an hour.

If you can run a 5k in 20 mins each you could easily both do it.

Remember - it's not a race, it's a run. For free. Abuse it and it will disappear.

We had to laugh the last time - there was competitive mom bragging about her college scholarship uber runner son. He was beaten by an unassuming 15 year old girl by 90 seconds. My wife said the mom was making all kinds of excuses about how her son was tapering for a big run in a few weeks. Yeah right.
A sub 20 min 5k is a real professional runners time in that heat! It would cause most Brits huge problems trying to get that pace in that heat!
Old 1 May 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Alba20
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m sad they may have changed the rules on this. My son did it a few years ago aged 8 when we were on the Fantasy. When my husband registered, he asked and they said he could run with him but wouldn’t be registered so wouldn’t get a number or medal. He really enjoyed it.

Edited at 09:16 AM.
Alba20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Alba20 View Post
I’m sad they may have changed the rules on this. My son did it a few years ago aged 8 when we were on the Fantasy. When my husband registered, he asked and they said he could run with him but wouldn’t be registered so wouldn’t get a number or medal. He really enjoyed it.
As previously mentioned - only those 10 and over may take part. For future, please don't ask the CMs if a younger child can run and not get a medal - it puts them in a very awkward situation.

I think the amount of younger children running caused a bit of a problem to the adults who took it way too seriously!
Old 2 May 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Alba20
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
As previously mentioned - only those 10 and over may take part. For future, please don't ask the CMs if a younger child can run and not get a medal - it puts them in a very awkward situation.

I think the amount of younger children running caused a bit of a problem to the adults who took it way too seriously!

I think you may be right as they did encounter one particular adult taking it way too seriously. Good news is by the time we head back he will be 10.
2018 Dubai, Atlanta, Orlando, Miami, B2B Disney Cruise
2019 California Tour & Disneyland, DCL Med Cruise, Dubai, New York
Alba20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List