Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 20 Feb 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
So. I decided to email WDW, through the “contact us” on the website, which I assume is guest communications. Being after the event and after we had left, I ended with the comment that I hoped my feedback would reach the right people at the restaurant (i.e. for improvement purposes).

After two or three days, I was contacted and asked for convenient times for a call. I gave them an option with a two hour window. No call. I emailed the following day and said perhaps they could try again. I was called last night.

They were aware of both poor dining experiences, being Tony’s and Flying Fish (I had linked to this thread). I was asked if I had raised the issues at the time, I mentioned yes for Tonys but nothing was rectified and they did not even recook the steak as requested. But admitted, no for Flying Fish as it was our last night, we were on dining plan and I didn’t therefore see what they could have done at that point other than turn back time. I also mentioned how disappointed I was having picked out this restaurant a long time ago.

I do not recall verbatim but something very much like the following was said. “I can totally sympathise with someone on a dining plan, experiencing a fine dining restaurant that they could not normally go to, feeling disappointed with the experience”.

I was speechless. Utterly speechless. I have never thought it before, but is this suggesting that people on dining plans are held in contempt because of it. Does it explain the poor service in the first place, I don’t know.

If Disney really feel like this, perhaps they should stop offering dining plans, rather than offer them and then treat people who sensibly take them up, as second class citizens.

I will also be making a suggestion of what they can do with the $50 gift card “for my next trip” that I received shortly after the call.

Wow, just wow!

I would be fuming too, what a cheek! You should’ve informed the CM how much you actually paid for your holiday.

It’s such a shame you got that response because I’m sure it leaves a bitter taste.

On the odd occasion you do get the feeling that when on the DDP the service can be a little off, what are you meant to do? It’s like a self fulfilling prophecy isn’t it? They give you bad service, we tip less, then we get tarred with the “cheapskate DDP guest”.

Although, luckily and thankfully we haven’t been put in that position before.

Try and put it down to a tactless CM who was having a bad day? ☹️

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Claudette. I dont know if the people who ring you back ref a general complaint are the same as the ones who ring ref a DVC complaint.
However I find the DVC ones are very good at fudging the issue, focussing on how great the trip was and use those Corporate platitudes.

''We thank you for your feedback and will incorporate it into our future training'' Or some similar claptrap that actually means bog off you're boring me.

My favoured method is straight to the front desk albeit this option wasn't really appropriate to you. I would shoot another E Mail back to them.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Similar to my customer service experience - they didn’t call me at the arranged time either. I, unlike you, couldn’t be bothered persevering with a second try. But that response you received highlights that Disney seem to have delusions of grandeur regarding their signature restaurants.
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We didn’t really encounter a difference in service on our trip which was half ddp and half oop.
But the issue that I complained about, the Cm at the magic express desk got the response that mr morrow quoted.
I know from previous interactions that for complaints and compliments they normally call, that didn’t happen in this instance for us.
I am still fuming on your behalf at that comment and would be inclined to take that further.
I was telling Dh about this last night and he’s the last person to make a fuss and even he was saying how shocking it was and how he’d take it further.

Edited at 01:38 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
We didn’t really encounter a difference in service on our trip which was half ddp and half oop.
But the issue that I complained about, the Cm at the magic express desk got the response that mr morrow quoted.
I know from previous interactions that for complaints and compliments they normally call, that didn’t happen in this instance for us.
I am still fuming on your behalf at that comment and would be inclined to take that further.
I was telling Dh about this last night and he’s the last person to make a fuss and even he was saying how shocking it was and how he’d take it further.
I replied to the person who contacted me and had the call with me, requesting an escalation. I did not hear back yesterday, however I think she had previously said that she didn’t work on Wednesdays so perhaps I will hear back today.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I replied to the person who contacted me and had the call with me, requesting an escalation. I did not hear back yesterday, however I think she had previously said that she didn’t work on Wednesdays so perhaps I will hear back today.
I have to have the last word even though it gets me nowhere!

I complained to Sainsbury's about a whole host of issues ranging from the store being dirty, no staff, no milk etc etc.

I had a long E Mail response that was Corporate nonsense and didn't actually address one point I had made.

I responded to the said Lady saying I didn't wish to read her Mid Atlantic twaddle and also her spelling only merited an 8 out of 10.

For some reason she didn't respond further. Most peculiar.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 02:48 PM. Reason: Spelling
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Great report, thank you for taking the time to share.

Shame about the two disappointing meals, and the response from Disney is appalling.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
maylaitt
I want to go now!

maylaitt's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Good luck with your exams, really interested to hear about your trip as staying at the Beach Club and the Royal Pacific in the summer
maylaitt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Great report, thank you for taking the time to share.

Shame about the two disappointing meals, and the response from Disney is appalling.
Thank you very much. It was an appalling response but I am over it now and oooking forward to September. Another trip, another report.

Originally Posted by maylaitt View Post
Good luck with your exams, really interested to hear about your trip as staying at the Beach Club and the Royal Pacific in the summer
Thank you. Exams, dissertation done and dusted and I am now the proud owner of a masters degree.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
eeyore
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I have just read your whole report this morning after booking our 2020 trip last week. Thank you it was a delight to read, definately made me think about ordering one course at a time. I, like you, get more cross when people fob me off when I've made a complaint, very disappointing. Thanks again for the report am feeling very hungry now 😁