Old 1 Apr 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Abi, Aaron & Edith's first stay at DLP! Day 2

I woke at 7am today and Edith and Aaron woke just before 7.30am. Aaron wasn;t fussed about breakfast and wanted a shower so me and Edith head off on our own, meeting Sarah, James and Maisie on the way.

Breakfast was lovely in the Golden Forrest dedicated restaurant. Very similar to the offerings at Plaza Garden. Cereals, pastries, cold cuts, cheese, yoghurts, pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, beans, cake ect… You wouldn’t leave hungry, that’s for sure.

We all had a good fill, minus Edith who still wasn’t eating, I did manage to get a tiny bit of cereal down her but that was more about the milk. Aaron caught us in time to have a bowl of cereal too and when we were all finished we head over to the Studios park.

We managed to use Linebery to book a meet Mickey spot and were given a wait time of 2.5 hours. We head straight over to TOT and grabbed a FP for 30 minutes time. We used that time to go on Slinky Dog, Maisie’s favourite. We still has time when we came off that so used our hotel FP to ride ratatouille. This is a great ride and it was nice to try something new.

TOT time now, Sarah was ok with the girls so Aaron, James and I head off into the FP queue. We got through really quickly and were soon being loaded into a lift. OMG, this ride is just incredible. Better than the WDW one just because it was a bit different to what we are used to. The drops seemed to go on forever too! We exited and looked for our photo but there were two blank screens and it was confirmed by a CM that there was a technical faulty so I guess we will never get that pic.

I checked the Lineberty app and our time to met Mickey had been brought forward and was live. We head over to find him and waited about 10 minutes in the blazing sun. Honestly, we were not expecting this weather for March in Paris. I was coating me and Edith in sun cream. We met Mickey first so I could make sure I was out to get photos of Sarah and James. They have bought their baby scam image for a pic.

Edith wasn’t keen on Mickey but we didn’t have tears either so it was an improvement from yesterday.

Sarah and James’ meet was lovely, Mickey was kissing and rubbing the baby bump and it was too cute.

Edith was getting sleepy in the queue to see Mickey so I popped her in the pushchair and she was soon asleep. We walked over to RNR for a FP and while waiting for that to come live we did the Armageddon walk through, That was interesting. I got so hot in there I almost fainted and I wish I had waited outside with Sarah & the girls. Our FP for RNR was live now so we queued for that and were on the ride within 10 minutes, they didn’t even show the full Aerosmith video. The ride was great as usual.

It was now time for our 2pm reservation at restaurant de Stars so we head in there. Im not sure what the point of a reservation is as we queued to be put in another queue for over 30 minutes. Edith was struggling too, she looked so tired and hot. We finally got taken to a table and after going and fetching a CM we managed to order drinks. I took Edith’s temperature it confirmed she had a fever. I gave her calpol and cooled her down with some wet wipes and made sure she drank some cool water.

Again, the food at the buffet restaurant was really good. I filled myself up on a beautiful ham joint they were carving, mash potato and roasted veg,. Yum! I also had a Brie and walnut salad to start which was lovely. I think I forgot to take photos of this one as I was a bit worried about Edith.

After our meal, we made the decision to take Edith back to the hotel for a proper nap. As much as she was catnapping in the pushchair, we felt she needed a better sleep. We left Sarah & James with the buggy and walked back to the hotel. This was hard work, we took it in turns to carry Edith but we were all super tired, hot and sweaty. Back at the hotel we all fell into bed & all three of us had a 2.5hr nap. It was divine.

Edith woke up in a much better mood, we were getting lots of smiles and she was just her normal self again which was lovely.

We liaised with the others and head back out at 7.30pm, making it into the park just in time for Illuminations. The show was amazing. I absolutely live for Disney fireworks and I find them even more incredible now we have Edith as she is in awe of them. She was clapping along and dancing to the music. So lovely. On the way out of the park, we popped into Disneyland hotel to have a look for future reference. I was lovely and I would be very happy to stay there on a future visit.

We popped into a few shops on the way back through the village and then head to Earl of SW for a snack. The queue was enormous though so we ditched that plan and head back to the hotel settling in at the GF lounge. We ordered a some cocktails and some chicken wings. All were really lovely. We had such a nice time just relaxing, the girls were playing with various toys and it was a really nice end to the day. We head to bed just after 10.30pm.

Edited at 12:09 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

Really fab day, food looks amazing!
Really pleased to see Edith picked up x
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

So happy to see Edith perk up after her nap, I bet you and Aaron enjoyed it too!

Those photos with Mickey and the scan photo are adorable, what a lovely thing for them to show baby when he/she arrives!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for sharing
Edith has her Dad’s eyes
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
Really fab day, food looks amazing!
Really pleased to see Edith picked up x
The food was sooo good! Thanks for reading x

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
So happy to see Edith perk up after her nap, I bet you and Aaron enjoyed it too!

Those photos with Mickey and the scan photo are adorable, what a lovely thing for them to show baby when he/she arrives!
Haha sure did, we all love a nap.

I know. Beautiful photos / memories! Mickey really played to it as well kissing her bump. It was lovely.

Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Thanks for sharing
Edith has her Dad’s eyes
She sure has! She has my colouring for hair and skin and then lucked out and got Aarons beautiful blue eyes.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

What a shame Edith was poorly. It’s bad enough when an adult is ill, but always worse if it’s a child. It was good to hear she picked up after the sleep.

Your system for switching who took care of the girls worked well. Everybody got to ride a few things, which was nice.

The Mickey meet with your friends was the cutest thing ever! What a lovely experience!
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
What a shame Edith was poorly. It’s bad enough when an adult is ill, but always worse if it’s a child. It was good to hear she picked up after the sleep.

Your system for switching who took care of the girls worked well. Everybody got to ride a few things, which was nice.

The Mickey meet with your friends was the cutest thing ever! What a lovely experience!
I know, bless her.

The Mickey meet was fabulous! A memory to treasure for sure.